Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear A-2 Dubow 20960 Contract (pic heavy).

Baseball Guy

New in Town
Expensive...but made to measure....sure looks worth the wait, and positive reason to not put on weight in the interim months!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thankfully, you don't have to submit measurements until the last moment, but I would say generally that the A-2 is not a friend to the more solid of frame.

Cocker

Practically Family
It looks stunning! I have the same question as Edwards, though. The leather seems more "broken" than the one used by Aero, for example. Is it because John is somewhat altering it, or is it a characteristic of the leather he is using, plain and simple?

marmalademan

Banned
It looks stunning! I have the same question as Edwards, though. The leather seems more "broken" than the one used by Aero, for example. Is it because John is somewhat altering it, or is it a characteristic of the leather he is using, plain and simple?

Might be both. He is known for tinkering with his hides so that wouldn't be a surprise.

Now, what about these fit pics? Come on Sloane! This thread is aching to see that bad boy worn

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Very happy for you, but I’d be dishonest if i said i wasn’t 3% hoping you’d say it was a pinch too small and headed to the classifieds at a highly discounted price since it is now “used.” Enjoy.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

John does *work* the leather - he told me how but I shan't go into it, as I don't like to give away trade secrets. In fact, the whole jacket is worked over to bring out the character. Basically, I get the impression that finishing the basic jacket is only an intermediate step and that there's a lot of work that goes on the details before it's finished.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
John does *work* the leather - he told me how but I shan't go into it, as I don't like to give away trade secrets. In fact, the whole jacket is worked over to bring out the character. Basically, I get the impression that finishing the basic jacket is only an intermediate step and that there's a lot of work that goes on the details before it's finished.
He is good!

Cocker

Practically Family

Well, it does work! That leather is really awesome. I'd be curious to see the leather before and after John's treatment.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Okay, finally, after a head cold and a heavy week at work, some fit pics... Rubbish weather outside, so they're taken in the stairwell...

This it in its straight-out-of-the-box state, as I've not had a chance to wear it yet. The weather's either been too warm or too wet (I know, I know, but you have to ease yourself into a new jacket).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner