Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear-abouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I've gotten a response to a question about a gw jacket i picked up used. He responded to my email within 2 hrs. That was about 2 wks ago.

It's so annoying to read things like this, when i am going on 7 months without any communication, and my last three emails have been ignored...
The double standard he applies to the way he does business is wrong. You can't keep updating your sales page, and answering the few customers you want to keep happy, and ignore all the rest!

marmalademan

Banned
well Carlos, to be fair, gauging by his queue and ability to shift stuff from the sales page it would appear he can do exactly that!

@ProteinNerd if I could find somebody worthy to clone my size 40 arcadia with the shinki I have left I could possibly sell you mine in the caramel naked Italian 3oz hh, which might save you a year or two in that queue!

At a certain point I think the wait and frustration would far eclipse the joy of owning one, or anything for that matter. Even after receiving it...it's something of an albatross...
It's so annoying to read things like this, when i am going on 7 months without any communication, and my last three emails have been ignored...
The double standard he applies to the way he does business is wrong. You can't keep updating your sales page, and answering the few customers you want to keep happy, and ignore all the rest!
Indeed. That would infuriate me as well.
giphy.gif

marmalademan

Banned
Johnson Leathers;)

I was thinking more along the lines of that guy who repros Monarchs, is it Dave Sheeley? I may be mistaken, but I think this model is a Monarch design. Perhaps @tmitchell59 can confirm whether I am getting warm here or if I'm wide of the mark. If I'm right and that bloke is the Monarch's guy, and this is a Monarch, then asking him first would seem like the best bet

willyto

One Too Many
I think that at this point it almost seems more reasonable to wait for someone to sell their GW jackets in the classifieds which will happen eventually, also wait for a sale on the GW page. At least for the new guys.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
well Carlos, to be fair, gauging by his queue and ability to shift stuff from the sales page it would appear he can do exactly that!

@ProteinNerd if I could find somebody worthy to clone my size 40 arcadia with the shinki I have left I could possibly sell you mine in the caramel naked Italian 3oz hh, which might save you a year or two in that queue!

Dave Sheeley is your man..., but not until my jacket is finished...

I was thinking more along the lines of that guy who repros Monarchs, is it Dave Sheeley? I may be mistaken, but I think this model is a Monarch design. Perhaps @tmitchell59 can confirm whether I am getting warm here or if I'm wide of the mark. If I'm right and that bloke is the Monarch's guy, and this is a Monarch, then asking him first would seem like the best bet
Ah yes! I somehow forgot about him...

Mich486

One Too Many
I don’t know where you find the patience guys... if someone is not answering my emails I would immediately ask for a refund and adios amigos. Plenty of fine jackets out there without having to put up with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Smart decision, it was actually the first thought.
Highly respect Dave's perfectionism in his works.

Last edited:

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Completely unrelated. Just found out my neighbor (2 doors down) is a collector and he has 4-5 original hand-painted a-2s, as well as a size 50 B-15. Tour and photos to come. So excited.
Wow, that would be interesting Nick!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
And you are supposed to be The One!

I think one of his machines ( button hole machine) has been broken for a long time and he either cant find a person to fix it or it cant be fixed... A new machine is on order apparently. All this i read on the details of a sales jacket posted recently, not from any correspondence with GW.
So I think this is holding him up from making certain jackets??

Yeah, this past April was 4 years...Im not hurting for a jacket, and the $200 I plunked down isn't gonna make or break me, so the plan is to ride it out...
I humbly suggest your jacket should delivered at no additional charge. Those two years guys don't have squat on you.
IMG_0042.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21