Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear-abouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'd be interested, however, to know what would make people say to themselves, for example, 'I am ordering this jacket at the age of 42. I will get it (hopefully) by almost 44. I will spend almost two years waiting for... [fill in the blank, e.g. the best-made/most authentic/most tightly-stitched jacket]'.

I don't keep buying Aeros because even a couple of months makes me feel a bit of a fool, and I probably have too many, anyway.

I considered getting on the list when I re-enrolled in college and making the jacket my graduation gift to myself. I am finishing my AA degree in a few weeks and it’s too late. :(

Hh121

Banned
Also you have to make sure that you don't lost or gain weight during those 4-5 years, otherwise the jacket won't fit you.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think one places a deposit and then when it’s time, you order, therefore if you gain or lose weight it’s a non-issue. My comment was not poking fun at GW; I was actually serious when I said years ago it’d be a great motivator to stay in college!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yes, he was in touch with me just this morning.
My personal experience is that John is and always has been a stand up guy who seems to have been overwhelmed for the past several months, oscillating from difficult to nearly impossible as a one-man operation. @Sloan1874 I thought maybe you might have attended the Royal Wedding earlier today. :D

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I'd be interested, however, to know what would make people say to themselves, for example, 'I am ordering this jacket at the age of 42. I will get it (hopefully) by almost 44. I will spend almost two years waiting for... [fill in the blank, e.g. the best-made/most authentic/most tightly-stitched jacket]'.

I don't keep buying Aeros because even a couple of months makes me feel a bit of a fool, and I probably have too many, anyway.
OK, I guess I shouldn't buy anymore jackets, or anything for that matter because I probably won't be around much longer.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I always stop it around 5 seconds. Plus you can avoid the annoying “it’s ready” beep.

The good news with this Goodwear wait is that used or returns show up rather frequently. Not plan A, but with a little patience and fortitude, they’re out there.
Thats my plan A thank you. Civilian 44 long, or 46 please. :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It’s been another few months with no contact or reply to my last email. Has anyone else in the queue had any luck?

Jägernaut

Practically Family
I've gotten a response to a question about a gw jacket i picked up used. He responded to my email within 2 hrs. That was about 2 wks ago.

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
I was going to go with a GW, but email communication was practically non-existent. I did chat with him via phone once, but could not get in touch with him consistently via email, so I decided to go another route. I know he does jam up work though. He must be quite busy.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It’s been another few months with no contact or reply to my last email. Has anyone else in the queue had any luck?

I've been periodic contact with John, to the point that in the last one he said he was ready to go with my jacket. There have been very long pauses between, usually three to four weeks, and I did phone a couple of weeks ago at his request but haven't heard back so far. I do know that he is super busy and still dealing with a lot personal stuff, so I'm just letting the process take its own course - I suspect it will autumn before I see the jacket.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Never managed to get him on the phone, and it was to ask details about a jacket on the sales page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko