Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Modoc

Fonzie

One Too Many
Against all odds given I read these threads but I have one leather jacket and have had my deposit down on a GW for awhile now. My plan is to own two jackets, that's my story and I'm sticking to it until further notice.
Let's talk again a few years down the track, when you're still waiting for your first GW but have three Aeros, a Thedi, an Eastman and a couple of Vansons for good measure in your closet... ;)

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I also notice that GW launched a B-15a this month. I guess if his sewing machine for leather is out of action, he can use the time to make cloth jackets? Maybe I should order one, coz there's no reason why he couldn't get on with it straight away!

marmalademan

Banned
If not wanting to rotate ten jackets without ever truly managing to really make one your own then holding out for the one that you really do want makes sense to me. I think the wait is maybe 2.5 years, which of course is not to everyone's taste, granted. In my case, my order is in the mail now and I think I'll be glad I hung in there.

Hang in there @Dickie Teenie his Arcadia is the best halfbelt I know of

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
That is a beautiful Arcadia. I owned a size 42 which I sold. It was just too small for me, and I try to squeeze in about everything. The Arcadia is a slim jacket as John says in the description. I love that lining and that label! Someone is going to be happy just make sure it fits

I remember your Arcadia! I loved that jacket. One size too small for me also.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Anyone got any news?
I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking for an update and once again it went unanswered...
So much for being faster in answering!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was emailed on the 27th March and told my samples were express mailed...they haven’t arrived yet.

I’m not too bothered now, if I wake up one day and I think enough is enough I’ll just get an ELMC Californian in Walnut instead and call it a day. Similar styling to the Modoc, I know my size for it now and damn it’s a nice jacket.

marmalademan

Banned
Anyone got any news?
I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking for an update and once again it went unanswered...
So much for being faster in answering!

I got this out of customs today, which was nice of them.

Can you tell what it is yet?

Attachments

• IMG_20180427_191319.jpg
    IMG_20180427_191319.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:

marmalademan

Banned
My guess is an Arcadia, size 44

Close! Bit smaller than that

These quick and dirty fit pics have kinda washed the colour out. It's a light caramel veg tanned Italian HH, dense but not overly heavy

Attachments

• IMG_20180428_020401.jpg
    IMG_20180428_020401.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,340
  • IMG_20180428_021412.jpg
    IMG_20180428_021412.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_20180428_021852__01.jpg
    IMG_20180428_021852__01.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 1,376
Close! Bit smaller than that

These quick and dirty fit pics have kinda washed the colour out. It's a light caramel veg tanned Italian HH, dense but not overly heavy
That's beautiful!!!!! That's the model I would want. I love the front yoke and twin chest zips. How long was your wait? Not trolling, being serious. There's a 42" on the GW site now but I thinks it's too small. Would need a 44"

marmalademan

Banned
@ton312 I honestly lost track, but must have been 2 years at least lol

That 42 on the site was returned by me because John forgot to taper the lower half to a 40, as had been the plan after he had suggested it. It fits like a stock 42 with a bit of extra length and that goatskin is seriously the mutt's nuts. I think its red underneath and you could just see how beautifully it will wear in. Since you're in the US it'd be a routine return for you if it was too small. If interested you could always shoot JC an email with your numbers and I'm sure he can tell you if it will fit

@ton312 I honestly lost track, but must have been 2 years at least lol

That 42 on the site was returned by me because John forgot to taper the lower half to a 40, as had been the plan after he had suggested it. It fits like a stock 42 with a bit of extra length and that goatskin is seriously the mutt's nuts. I think its red underneath and you could just see how beautifully it will wear in. Since you're in the US it'd be a routine return for you if it was too small. If interested you could always shoot JC an email with your numbers and I'm sure he can tell you if it will fit
Agreed I love that goat! That brown is breathtaking. I just love this design so much. The liner on that goat coat is really beautiful. Would love to see some more shots of your jacket. Very nice color indeed.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Just wondering if anyone has news?
I am going on 5 months without any communication and 3 ignored emails during that time.
Still, he has time to update his sales page and answers to the few people he wants to keep happy.
If i ever hear from him i think will ask for a refund of my deposit, this isn't a way to do business and i am getting really annoyed at this situation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21