Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Leathers, the waiting starts...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Mine is custom dyed too.
tzrLsKV.jpg

Just beautiful. When a jacket brings the viewer to a calm tranquility, as in the case here looking at it, you know you're looking at something special.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Goodwear has some Himel made venturas up on their sales page. I'd be all over it if the sleeves weren't made for a Fanch.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm tempted to just settle with a used 46 that seems to come up for sale pretty often. The public will think it fits fine and I'll have a GW without the wait!

CBI

One Too Many
Its funny how the wait can actually SAVE you lots of money knowing an awesome jacket is coming and the need to save for it. I have reached my saturation point with leather jackets save something like an Aero Dustbowl (something vintage but a little longer). If JC offered something like this, I would probably get in the cue. I was looking at the Modoc and wondering if he could make a longer version but I think more would need to be done than adding a few inches (pocket placement, etc.). When the itch becomes uncontrollable, I will shoot him an email. Owning a number of Good Wears at present, I can attest they are totally worth the wait!!!! As we get older, its amazing how 2 years can go by in an instant!!!!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Its funny how the wait can actually SAVE you lots of money knowing an awesome jacket is coming and the need to save for it. I have reached my saturation point with leather jackets save something like an Aero Dustbowl (something vintage but a little longer). If JC offered something like this, I would probably get in the cue. I was looking at the Modoc and wondering if he could make a longer version but I think more would need to be done than adding a few inches (pocket placement, etc.). When the itch becomes uncontrollable, I will shoot him an email. Owning a number of Good Wears at present, I can attest they are totally worth the wait!!!! As we get older, its amazing how 2 years can go by in an instant!!!!
WADR, we should have a name for this condition: how about "GW Logic?" You're saving money. You really are. Really!

CBI

One Too Many
funny but its true, the years I was in the cue, I purchase significantly fewer other leather jackets!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Very nice those Venturas but no matter how nice the jacket I would need them to be half that price to even consider it. I have the money but at a certain price point the fun leaves the jacket for me. But it is certainly nice work.

CBI

One Too Many
Seb - yep, I get it and sort of agree. I just don't want to pay these prices for a leather jacket anymore. Been there, done that however..... LOTS of folks will purchase a number of cheaper jackets that they end up selling/not wearing that would equal or surpass the cost of one knockout jacket.

Yes, and then there is Himmel $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Yikes. Awesome but W$$$W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy