Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Mojave

Graemsay

Practically Family
I've got a feeling that the Mojave's something John Chapman prototyped, but never put into production. Probably because he's too busy selling the military jackets.

It is a cool piece, though.

Cal_Mojave.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Still wish he did this with a d pocket, but then Mark Fisher wouldn't have gotten my business. Regardless, it's a hellova nice aviator.

And yes, Eric, bless us with that review already :D ;)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Still wish he did this with a d pocket, but then Mark Fisher wouldn't have gotten my business. Regardless, it's a hellova nice aviator.

And yes, Eric, bless us with that review already :D ;)

Gosh do Mark's jackets look good too. Are you going to give us an updated pictoral review of yours??

bretron

Call Me a Cab
That's a great idea bro. I'll have to do that when I get some free time on my hands.

My only regret in it at the moment is that the lining is beginning to sag. I'm sure it's something he'd address if I pressed him on it, but it hasn't bothered me enough to do so. Not sure what his prices are at right now, but for anyone not wanting to wait two yrs for a GW should strongly consider a Norshor (Kelso seems to be pushing out top notch jackets these days too....)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That's a great idea bro. I'll have to do that when I get some free time on my hands.

My only regret in it at the moment is that the lining is beginning to sag. I'm sure it's something he'd address if I pressed him on it, but it hasn't bothered me enough to do so. Not sure what his prices are at right now, but for anyone not wanting to wait two yrs for a GW should strongly consider a Norshor (Kelso seems to be pushing out top notch jackets these days too....)

If the saggy lining is your only concern with that jacket, I think you've done very well.

I've juggled SO much between makers/styles for future jackets. I'll have to own them all one day...though I'm thinking three keepers will be adequate for one lifetime. This GW (if still available) might be my third (#2 is going to either be another Johnson aviator/motorcycle hybrid similar to this-or a second try at a Highwayman).

But of course this plan will evaporate in a few months and I'll be into an A-2 or something :)

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You're right, but that Vanson collar just looks kind of clownish to me. There's a photo on the Thurston site of a guy wearing a black one, and it looks like it would be annoying.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
You're right, but that Vanson collar just looks kind of clownish to me. There's a photo on the Thurston site of a guy wearing a black one, and it looks like it would be annoying.

I'm afraid the "clown" collar adjective is already taken by the Roughwear contract A-2. :lol

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The collar on that vanson makes balloon animals out of all others! Maybe if I was going as Prince for Halloween :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy