Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwill surprise!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I found this hat yesterday at a Goodwill for $8.00. It's a Resistol in a light dove gray color. It was smashed and dirty but looked like it had never really been worn. Original price inside was $11.50 with the name of the style "Skyfleet". I popped out the crown and cleaned it with a scout sprayfoam cleaner. The block seemed to be different, as I normally wear mine with a center dent and a tight front pinch but it just never looked right with that shape, so I put in the C crown shape and then it seemed to look okay. The brim has a double stitching around it. The brim is only 2 3/8ths but the crown was 5 3/4ths.

DSCN0933.jpg

DSCN0938.jpg

fedoralover

That hat looks much better on you than it does on that car hood. Good eye, fedoralover. How many others would have let it go by because they couldn't see beyond the rumple and the dirt?
Like you, I generally prefer a center dent with a moderately tight fedora pinch, and, like you, I've come to accept that some hats just don't look right that way.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
The inside is just the standard "Resistol" selfconforming satin liner that you see on other vintage Resistols. I've seen hats like this before and never thought I liked the looks of them much. But when I put it on it seemed to be "okay". At 8 dollars I couldn't pass on it. This is the 3rd fedora worth buying that I've scored at Goodwills around here.

fedoralover

Pilgrim

One Too Many
That looks wonderful! Congratulations!

I keep visiting my Goodwill and related stores, and no joy yet. Mostly old baseball caps and battered cloth caps.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Nice hat!

It looks good on you. Having the slightly smaller brim with the high crown makes it an interesting hat. Good score! :eusa_clap

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
The biggest score I ever had was this vintage Borsalino for $4.49 I got at a Goodwill a few miles from my house. You just never know what will show up at these places. My other hit was a Stetson Open Road 25 I got for $12.50 All 3 of these Goodwill hats look practically new.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran