Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gorgeous Brown Pinstripe.

Mr Vim

One Too Many

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
can you actually see a date on that tag ? i can't. the suit certainly looks like a mid to late 50s cut.

i'm not an expert on union labels but i believe there was one that covered '39 -'49 and another for '49 -'68, however according to this thread...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ABELS-A-Guide-(Images)&highlight=union+labels

...they're not entirely reliable. unfortunately BK's photos no longer exist on that thread.:eusa_doh:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
That's what's confusing me, the union label is not right to how the suit is cut, so I have NO idea, but it's still nice.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Okay disregard my last post, I can just make out an 80 in the right corner of the union tag, making it from the 1939-1949 time period, sorry about that. Why can't I edit my posts anymore? Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm pretty sure I recall correctly that there are existent a small number of 1949 labels that had the old design but bore the 1949 copyright date.

I can't read the date on the label. However, the lapels do look like they have been altered.

Also however, that type of label (including the maker, then where it was sold) was much more common from the 50s onwards than it was before.

An odd fish …

bk

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Excellent work gentleman, this is why I call upon you.

That's interesting then, a suit that had its lapels taken in, makes me want to cry a bit. But still... it's too big for me, thought someone else might fancy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko