Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my decoder pin in the mail! (A Christmas Story in June)

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Thanks to John in Covina for informing me on a little more of the history on just how Western Union telegrams were sent back in the day.

I've now updated the telegram with new dates that better reflect reality:

3704839151_730bd5b1d4.jpg

Thanks again John. :eusa_clap

Decodence

A-List Customer
Man, do I EVER love ACS!!

Have the bowling trophy, the Fortune, the BLB Ace of test pilots (as well as two others from the movie, one of which is all but indistinguishable in the movie), Look magazine, the tank from Higbee's window, full-size leg lamp, 2 repro decoders, 1 original decoder, all the DVD/Blu-Ray versions, ancillary DVD specials (road trip, another xmas story, my summer story), an original Christmas dream Red Ryder, a 20th anniversary Christmas dream, TWO 25th anniversary Christmas Dreams (one of which is signed by Scut, Grover, Randy, Ms. Shields, Black Bart, and Flick), a few bars of Life Bouy soap, a script signed by the entire cast, AND...... Randy's Zeppelin. Now, if only somebody would sell me their Westinghouse radio ;)

This year, I'm building a FRAGILE crate for the front porch, and my leg lamp will burn in the front window from T-day until Xmas.

Sounds like a wonderful collection to represent a great film about childhood, growing up, families, friends and the presence of the Christmas season in America.

Please take some pictures and post them when the time comes.
:eusa_clap

Decodence

A-List Customer
John in Covina said:
Sounds like a wonderful collection to rpresent a great film about childhood, growing up, families, friends and the presence of the Christmas season in America.

Please take some pictures and post them when the time comes.
:eusa_clap
It is MY favorite movie of all time. My eldest daughter LOVES, LOVES, LOVES it too. We watch it together probably 100+ times per year. She calls it "Daddy Christmas", and will do "I can't put my arms down" on command.

She'll be pissed some day when she realizes I didn't take her to see the house.

DSC_0700%20(Large).JPG

DSC_0715%20(Large).JPG

DSC_0803%20(Large).JPG

DSC_0964%20(Large).JPG

Decodence

A-List Customer
John in Covina said:
Great Pix!
The best of it is that I actually LIKED Cleveland... you know outside of it being in Ohio of all places, and being colder than all hell, muchless economically depressed. I stayed in the Tower City complex, which in its heyday must have been quite the digs. I actually contemplated BUYING the house next door to the ACS house on a whim. I could buy it for less than I put down on my last house. Wife wasn't digging that move though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR