Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my new Eastman B-3 ! Hard to drive though lol

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
image.jpg
I wear a 42 suit and I went with a size 44 in the b-3.Anyways the jacket fits perfect when a stand with my arms by my side , sleeves end just below the wrist. But lifting my arms or grabbing the steering wheel is hard ! It binds along the shoulder and back of the arms . Will this area stretch ? As soon as I lift my arms infront the cufs ride up my arms and the shoulder panels get tight .
I called Eastman and they said it should get better with time as the fleece breaks in and the horsehide stretches. Anyone else experience this ?

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Interesting, the outside shots look short in the arms but the interior shots look good. It is a tough call, the B3 was not designed with a lot of movement in mind but I think that being said should work well for the daily wearer. Eastmans B3s are premier and you should be pleased with it. I would not expect to see much stretch to the hide though.

Xopher

A-List Customer
Speaking of B3 sizes, if I wear a size 44 ELC B6 what size of their B3 would fit? in was told 42 would fit but hearing this from you should I go 44?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
l
View attachment 59699 I wear a 42 suit and I went with a size 44 in the b-3.Anyways the jacket fits perfect when a stand with my arms by my side , sleeves end just below the wrist. But lifting my arms or grabbing the steering wheel is hard ! It binds along the shoulder and back of the arms . Will this area stretch ? As soon as I lift my arms infront the cufs ride up my arms and the shoulder panels get tight .
I called Eastman and they said it should get better with time as the fleece breaks in and the horsehide stretches. Anyone else experience this ?

looks a little big to me

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
What are you wearing underneath a bulky shirt? First pics sleeves look short, indoors shots jacket looks perfect. Maybe you have extra long arms, my left is 1/4 longer than my right arm. I can tell when wearing a suit or leather that has identical length sleeves.
I usually just go with a T shirt when wearing a B3 and find driving fine. Mine is a 42, I'm 5'9" but a fatty(Too many sausage sandwiches:) ) My sleeves(cuff) come to first thumb knuckle, roll back the cuffs and they are still perfect for driving. I don't think there is any difference in the dreaded contract numbers(Collectors please correct me if wrong) as mine is an Easty Roughwear.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Jacket looks great, and well done.
Please keep in mind that in WW2 operation crews were wearing..underwear, regulation shirt, suit etc..maybe even a sweater or jumper underneath the jacket...so obviously the jacket needed to have some room for all these items.
You looking great in one of the best and most wanted B-3 of this planet.

John Lever

One Too Many
I had the same issues with my ELC Perry Sportswear and Roughwear, couldn't fasten the collar straps or drive while wearing them. Sold both and bought a Real McCoys. No problems.
IMO the ELC pattern is slightly off in the upper body, could be the arm holes not sure. Their Irvins don't have the same problem, neither do the very early B3's.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
I had the same issues with my ELC Perry Sportswear and Roughwear, couldn't fasten the collar straps or drive while wearing them. Sold both and bought a Real McCoys. No problems.
IMO the ELC pattern is slightly off in the upper body, could be the arm holes not sure. Their Irvins don't have the same problem, neither do the very early B3's.
I will even modify my body's shape just to make sure the Redskin ELC Rough Wear fits...if not...bath the "teddy bear"... wear it/dry it...and it fits...

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
I will even modify my body's shape just to make sure the Redskin ELC Rough Wear fits...if not...bath the "teddy bear"... wear it/dry it...and it fits...
You mean I can stretch it somehow ?
If not I'm not a fussy guy, I just role with the punches. Yes I am going to start going back to hot yoga . I'm usually 185 but I'm creeping on 200 as of late. Gotta trim up regardless.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Yes you can....soak it...wear it with a jumper until its dry....
Did it with a RMCNZ A-2 42"... after drying it gained a bit of mm and became butter soft...after oiling it ( my own recipe of preserver)

HPA Rep

Vendor
Speaking of B3 sizes, if I wear a size 44 ELC B6 what size of their B3 would fit? in was told 42 would fit but hearing this from you should I go 44?

I think you should try the 42R first. Over the 27 years of selling these, one rule has been proven again and again: If you send out the larger of possible sizes first, the larger will almost always be kept because it will be instantly comfortable and many individuals just aren't used to how these jackets feel and should fit. The problem for some in keeping the larger size that was sent in the initial order is that they never tried the smaller size that could genuinely fit them (we'd never encourage the sending of a size where there's no reasonable chance of the jacket fitting them). There has been a notable number of purchases where those who kept the larger size got to try on the smaller size at some point down the road and then felt the full brunt of buyer's remorse with the discovery of the smaller size fitting more to their liking.

Trying the smaller size on first where indicators dictate this could be expected to work for a buyer is best: a smaller size will either fail or work just about instantly, thus you either have the best fit or you can move on to the next size without fear of regret down the road. Yes, there's the potential for an extra round of shipping expense, but this is peanuts in comparison to the cost of the jacket and a lifetime of great use in a great fit you'll never regret.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav