Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got Tiki?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I got an invite to an upcoming rum tasting at the venerable Mai-Kai in Ft.Lauderdale. Sadly, I won't be in town.:(

[YOUTUBE]4k4pjEunOz0[/YOUTUBE]

Feraud

Bartender
Mr Vim said:
So a couple of weeks ago, I thought of hosting a tiki party here in Juneau, and from day one I've had nothing but apathy to the whole thing... apathy! Like all of them couldn't care about a tiki party... the nerve!
Call it a "kegger" and see what the response is. ;)

Adcurium

A-List Customer
Caroline said:
Lovely ephemera collection FM! I'm not terribly into the torches either, unless a lit cocktail counts as one ;)

Decodoll, I see you're from RI. Have you been to a place called "The Islander" in Warwick? The drink menu seems stardard tiki, but I can't find any interior shots of the place. If I bring my family there and there is no tiki-themed room, they'll be underwhelmed and mopey.

Can anyone report on The Islander? I'm a RHODE Islander, but didn't know the place existed!

TheModernLife

New in Town
Don't know anything about the Islander in Warwick, but last summer I made this screen print of the Stockton, California Islander sign:

3682211759_9a22e3732d_z.jpg

The gloss varnish over the black did not photograph well.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I Got Tiki

Love the screen print Modern Life

I been collecting and planning for a Tiki Lounge for a long time I have some vintage mugs as well as some new, I have rattan, I even have a black velvet conch shell player painting. I also have made some of my own pieces mostly birdbaths but have also made some other ceramic ware. Lots of you folks have some fabulous things.

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Home Tiki Bar

I thought you all might get a kick out of the latest addition to the "Waikiki Womb" my home Tiki Room.
This is the small intimate bar area I built up in what was the original home owner's darkroom from the 1930s that is off from the larger Tiki Room.
The bar is entered through a door disguised as a mug rack recreating a 1930s hidden speakeasy.
As you enter the bar is on the right and to the left is a small cozy booth.
Here is the ʻOna ʻAluʻAlu bar in the Waikiki Womb.
5158x4b946517.jpg

5158x4b945f24.jpg

5158x4b946c27.jpg

5158x4b945fde.jpg

5158x4b946013.jpg

5158x4a88f88b.jpg

5158x4b9466e8.jpg

5158x4b945f8b.jpg

5158x4b946715.jpg

5158x4b945d50.jpg

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Hi all,
I've been lurking here for about a month & figured it's finally time to get my feet wet so here's a few pictures of our guest room which my wife has dubbed the enchanted tiki room. We moved to Moscow, Idaho from San Diego seven years ago and set up this room to remind us of warmer climates. With the exception of the upholstery on the rattan chair everything was either inherited or acquired at thrift stores or antique stores with the guiding principle being everything must be CHEAP (we are very thrifty people). My latest find was the desk ($65) and desk lamp ($8). I really like the display shelves on the desk which allow me to display some of my overflow Hawaiiana. I'm new to this picture posting so I hope I can get them to display.
tikiroom001.jpg

tikiroom004.jpg

tikiroom007.jpg

tikiroom006.jpg

tikiroom009.jpg

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a460/Kahunamoon/enchanted tiki room/tikiroom010.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points