Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gotta stop buying jackets....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's a great movie, the scene with The Yardbirds doing an impression of The Who is fab. It's very dated, obviously, but a fantastic snapshot of the 60s. Ever since I first saw it, I've wanted a propeller for my flat...

Edward

Bartender
Guitars, as well as jackets, cars, and planes are very appealing because they are made for a purpose but somehow in fulfilling that purpose come out looking beautiful.

Absolutely. Case in pont: the Fender Stratocaster. Not a single element didn't have a design purpose. Even the decision to go with three pickups was utilitarian - a sales pitch. Gibson couldn't do more than three either.... (I read some in Fender wanted six, but the drag of all those magnets on the strings was too much!). The original custom colours were a clever way of re-using without refinishing bodies where the sunburst, the bog standard guitar finish of the da, had gone wrong. Oh... and later the big CBS era headstock (in use from 1965-1979) was designed so that the logo on display was bigger - more people could see you were playing a Fender! Yet somehow the sum o all those parts... oh, my.

We could all be playing guitars looking like square blocks of wood,

Worked for Bo Diddley... ;)

majormajor

One Too Many
It's a great movie, the scene with The Yardbirds doing an impression of The Who is fab. It's very dated, obviously, but a fantastic snapshot of the 60s. Ever since I first saw it, I've wanted a propeller for my flat...

First time you saw it?

I saw it at the cinema as a new release!!:eeek:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
First time you saw it?

I saw it at the cinema as a new release!!:eeek:

Oooh, about 12 years ago. As a result, I took to wearing white jeans and gingham shirts with Chelsea boots for a while. I keep meaning to visit the park where they 'play tennis' at the end. I've read that, because of some strange unique soil composition, it can't be touched, so looks pretty much the same. Not sure if the antique shop is still there though...:D

majormajor

One Too Many
Oooh, about 12 years ago. As a result, I took to wearing white jeans and gingham shirts with Chelsea boots for a while. I keep meaning to visit the park where they 'play tennis' at the end. I've read that, because of some strange unique soil composition, it can't be touched, so looks pretty much the same. Not sure if the antique shop is still there though...:D

Yup, Maryon Park is still there, but Clevely Close, where the "antique shop" scene was filmed, has completely changed. All the old houses and shops have been replaced with faceless brick structures. You never see the front of the shop from the outside, so I guess it was some other kind of shop. But long gone, so we'll never know:eeek:;)

majormajor

One Too Many
Here are some excellent comparison shots. And you DO see the outside of the Antique Shop. My mistake.....

[video=youtube;z-e4LglIQWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-e4LglIQWQ[/video]

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
!

I wont stop Buying, as much as I should start Selling and-or Trading.

to coin the Catch Phrase; I gotta million of em! Ha-Cha-chaa!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana