grandpaw always wore a stetson open road but what can I wear one with?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Donniedee, May 19, 2019.

1. Donniedee

Donniedee New in Town

growing up my grandpaw always wore his Stetson OPEN ROAD felt hat, im getting my own soon, question is im more of a cowboy type guy and wear western felts, tell and show what you guys wear your OPEN ROAD HATS WITH?

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Jhoff_1979 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  3. AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  4. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Anything you bloody well please.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Jhoff_1979 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  5. Edward

Edward Bartender

AS with most things, it's what you're comfortable with. I have an Akubra Campdraft (basically the same design) which I bashed as a Fedora (including steaming the brim down in front); I wear it with anything I'd wear a fedora with (mostly earthtones, as it's silverbelly). I tend not to wear it with denim as I'm not really much into the Western wear look, but I can see that working if it's a style you favour.

Jhoff_1979 likes this.
  6. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

Im squarely in the "wear what you want" category these days. I was pretty uptight about what I was supposed to wear with a hat right up until I started wearing them. Once I got comfortable wearing a hat, I realized I didn't really care what I had on when I grabbed my hat, I just liked wearing my hat.

Edward, Jhoff_1979 and Frunobulax like this.
  7. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Here's the photo I was looking for. This Lounger (not seen much lately), accessorized his Stetson No. 1 Quality with a bathrobe, chicken wing, and glass of Cabernet.

GD Durand.jpg

Sometimes you just need to throw caution to the wind.

8. Jhoff_1979

Jhoff_1979 One of the Regulars

FB_IMG_1558270367416.jpg Screenshot_20190524-023018_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190524-023043_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190524-023140_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190524-023223_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190524-023309_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190524-023339_Gallery.jpg Anything you want to wear with it. I know some here will demand I be flogged for mixing khaki with my Open Road but I only get compliments in public. I wear it with t-shirts, Jeans or even a nice dinner jacket and slacks. Probably the most versatile hat you can wear. However you are comfortable wearing it then just do it! Best wishes to you.