Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grateful for The Fedora Lounge

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Great posts here. I had been into vintage for years (but not really wearing it much), when my fellow fountain pen collector, Johnincovina, turned me on to the Lounge. After discovering others of like ilk, I not only became bolder in my sartorial endeavors, but also increased my knowledge of vintage in general. Reading and answering various posts, as well attending local events, have caused me to branch out more into the various classifications/subgroups of vintage, especially clothing, music, and films. I've also met quite a few knowledgeable, helpful, and generally good-natured people on the Fedora Lounge. That last benefit, I would say, is the best thing about the Lounge; no amount of information or expertise can replace the flesh-and-blood relationships that I've had the fortune to make. :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You know, I was just thinking this morning: This place really was made for me! When I was a kid, I read Famous Monsters of Filmland: many of the folks here (MK included) also did, and knew the publisher, Forest J Ackerman. I've always been crazy for old movies. I've always scoured films to see the props and gadgets and then went looking for the same things. Little Rascals. Bogart, Pinups, dancing, music, clothes, romance, books, food - we are me!
I have met, virtually and in the flesh, people who I hope will be friends for life. Fascinating people with interesting lives and shared interests. People from around the globe! Amazing!
And I can tell you that the moderators here, who I have come to know and admire, are all extraordinarily devoted to giving the membership a good experience while you're here. MK is mentor, friend, colleague.

We're unique, and pretty cool!

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scotrace said:
And I can tell you that the moderators here, who I have come to know and admire, are all extraordinarily devoted to giving the membership a good experience while you're here.
We're unique, and pretty cool!

In starting this thread I wanted to note what your thoughts expressed scotrace, but, I failed to do so. Without the order that is kept on this forum, being here would be worthless. It would be just another internet stop for the insane.

However, in my experience when the "fur" starts flying it is usually Hemingway that quells the herd. ;) ;) :eek: lol

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That's because Hem likes to be the axe man. lol

Many of our moderating decisions are made with great care, and by consensus. Tim does often step into the fracas and he's quite good at taking the heat. We have a quality team, because it's drawn from a quality pool: members of the Lounge.

docneg

One of the Regulars
Thankful also

Having never made a conscious decision to be "retro" but being that way as a matter of course, I always felt that I was one of a mere handful of such people in the world. It never even struck me to look for others. I was so alone in my uniqueness. When I found the Lounge (accidentally) and spotted the 11,000 membership, I staggered! Although I have not interacted with many of you, I am very grateful that you are all here.

I wonder how many of you share my other interests: the National Association of Chimpanzee Oil Painters, and selling modular double-wide wigwams.

Just kidding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn