Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I don't understand it??? Is this "Temu" Outfit being run by (gasp) Aliens?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm not one for "conspiracy theories" BUT these TEMU advertising bars seem to be reading my mind!!!??? Save for the ahem, sexy bits, these demons seem to know EXACTLY what images to show to make my upper lip quiver and my hand lurch towards the mouse involuntarily! Models of WWII fighter aircraft, ships of alien design, leather coats and jackets that seem to be calling my name.... It's diabolical (in my best Bugs Bunny voice).

I know... I know... I've seen enough YouTube videos to know that "what you see definitely AIN'T what you get" BUT, as God as my witness I want some of it SO BADLY that this can't be "normal". I've not succumbed YET... but I'm wavering badly. Please folks help me! I've been here for years... I try to be a good Lounger but a man can only take but so much temptation... Save me...

Worf

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have no idea what a Temu is or who does business with it, but I've been seeing those ads for about six months now, and I sweahtagawd I never did any web search in my life that would lead to some of the -- uh -- stuff that shows up in them. I thought I'd seen everything the wonders of internet marketing has to offer, but Temu breaks new ground.

I wonder what would be the occasion where the dress code would call for shiny neoprene tights?

It seemed dodgy to me from the git. Reviews are, um, mixed. At best. I don’t know much about the workings of online commerce but my self-preservation instincts keep me from clicking on Temu.

Edward

Bartender
Best avoided. They have a dubious reputation for data practices and exploitative employment practices. Prices artficially lowered until they gain market share... Best stick to known quantities online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner