Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great - and True - News About the Return of Doc Savage

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
THE WILD ADVENTURES OF DOC SAVAGE!

HERE’S THE WORD FROM PULPMASTER WILL MURRAY . . .

The rumors are true. After a seven-year negotiation — I am not kidding — I've acquired from Conde Nast/Advance Magazines, the right to market seven new Doc Savage novels. All seven will be based on unused and unfinished Lester Dent ideas, outlines and manuscripts.

In anticipation of this, I've written The Desert Demons, which reunites the entire Doc Savage cast for a far-out adventure that sprawls from 1936 Hollywood, Calif., to the alligator-invested interior of Florida.

Other Docs are in various stages of execution, with Horror In Gold fully drafted. I'm likely to complete The Infernal Buddha, which I began as my eighth Doc in 1993, next.

These will be kicked-up, over-the-top stories. Which is why I'm calling this new series, The Wild Adventures of Doc Savage.

Next stop: Finding a publisher. With a new Doc Savage film in the works, this shouldn't be hard.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I'd love to sign copies for you Matt but I don't think you want my signature. lol

That was a repost from Savage writer Will Murray. He is the one who has the rights now.

Here is also some news about the movie:

Scribe-turned-director Shane Black is set to direct the 2011 film adaptation for Original Film and Sony Pictures reports Variety. Black will also co-write the screenplay Anthony Bagarozzi and Chuck Mondry. The film version will be set in the 1930's and will include the "Fabulous Five". Neal Moritz will produce.

Let's hope the Green Hornet is a hit and that will help bring back Doc!

I have high hopes for a Doc Savage movie done right! The one from 1975 with Ron Ely is still disappointing to me. (yeah, 35 years and I'm STILL not over it!) I'm a huge fan, and I really believe that Doc Savage has the potential to be the greatest serial film of the modern era, if done right.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I'm with you Dark....Done right - it could be awesome! Unfortunately, we would not be the audience they would be trying to attract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo