Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GREAT Belted Back Tweed Sportcoat -- well done

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Probably from the '90s. Very well done: could easily be a Brooks Brothers model from the '30s.

(Yes, back then Brooks Brothers did make sporty belted back jackets; they also made double-breasted suits. Only the Trad folks at AAAC think otherwise.)

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
It's too bad shipping to the UK is so much, or it would now belong to me. I assume that the sleeves aren't actually 34" long (that would be a 40reallyL).

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It's too bad shipping to the UK is so much, or it would now belong to me.
Maybe if it were priced at $70 with free shipping you would feel differently. I would; I hate egregious fees for shipping (and taxes).

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Maybe if it were priced at $70 with free shipping you would feel differently. I would; I hate egregious fees for shipping (and taxes).

Probably not. I get a lot of things shipped over from the States, so I know what shipping can be like. Given the probable weight of the jacket, $32 is perhaps a bit high but not far off. If the shipping to the UK were free I'd think something was up. I have seen truly terrible shipping rates, though. $30 for a sewing pattern regular 1st class to the UK??

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the tip, Marc. :eek: I don't think I would have seen this great offer.
Lucky you...I was pondering the very same idea...! :D
I compared the measurements and they were spot on. At the exchange rate it is 53 € (yes, with shipping) ...I knew I won't find a jacket like this for 50€ in a store. So I couldn't resist.:eusa_doh:

Finances be damned, eh? ;)
Yes. I have a bad conscience now :rolleyes: I just deleted the rest of my "watch list"

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Arrived today...and it fits! Yesss! Thanks again for the tip.

There is only a little snag on one sleeve (was mentioned in the description) not sure what to do with it. Tweed is rather forgiving with little repairs I guess. The color is more brown-ish than in the pictures (looked grey to me first) I like it. Pklus it is my first beltback sportscoat. I hope it won't cause an addiction;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo