Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
View attachment 502888

This green Thedi has always tempted me but I just don’t think I can pull it off…
I don't know...I believe green is a far more versatile color than people at first think. And just the fact that you chose to rock green leather tells the world that you'll wear whatever the hell you please, thank you very much.

Edward

Bartender
The Lewis green is pretty special in person; I don't own a green jacket, but would be very happy with one in that hue. Their sheep isn't a hide I fancy, though, and unfortunately it's the only one they do that colour in. That sort of green colour was popular in the later 70s in bike jackets in the UK - nowhere as common as black or even blues, but not wholly unusual. A much brighter, more electric green - less to my tastes - was also popular with the proto-Power Rangers of the period and beyond, replicating the racing colours of the Kawasaki team -

1680199998409.png

If you say 'Kawasaki green' to anyone who knows anything much about motorcycle racing, it very much evokes this shade.

When I first visited Berlin in 2000, motorcycle police there all wore green leathers like this one on the left:

1680200123362.png

I think the age of those is now passed, though.

Edward

Bartender
GoldTop do some of their more 70s leaning models in colours of the period, including olive:

1680200303294.png

and Racing Green:

1680200340890.png

While these particular jackets are a touch modern in style for my tastes, I really like that Racing Green cowhide. Something like an Aero Everyman halfbelt would look superb in that, imo.

I think if you were inclined to wear a lot of earthtones and brown boots, the Olive would be very flexible. That Racing Green, though, to my eye looks fantastic with both earthtones and blacks / greys / navies.

barnabus

One Too Many
GoldTop do some of their more 70s leaning models in colours of the period, including olive:

View attachment 503072

and Racing Green:

View attachment 503073

While these particular jackets are a touch modern in style for my tastes, I really like that Racing Green cowhide. Something like an Aero Everyman halfbelt would look superb in that, imo.

I think if you were inclined to wear a lot of earthtones and brown boots, the Olive would be very flexible. That Racing Green, though, to my eye looks fantastic with both earthtones and blacks / greys / navies.

I was lucky enough to see both of those green shades in person at their shop.

The olive was much nicer.

NZJono

One of the Regulars

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I’ve commented before on this, lovely colour. Also a fan of green leather boots, darker shades only. I have an MTO pair of Trickers in dark green coming shorty that would pair nicely with this jacket.

Nice! I’ve been looking for a while to find boots that match the olive jacket but everyone I find is more expensive than I want to pay for shoes. I can’t make myself pay more than Red Wing money for shoes.
If you want to post pics in the shoe wear thread when they arrive I would love to see them.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
The Lewis green is pretty special in person; I don't own a green jacket, but would be very happy with one in that hue. Their sheep isn't a hide I fancy, though, and unfortunately it's the only one they do that colour in. That sort of green colour was popular in the later 70s in bike jackets in the UK - nowhere as common as black or even blues, but not wholly unusual. A much brighter, more electric green - less to my tastes - was also popular with the proto-Power Rangers of the period and beyond, replicating the racing colours of the Kawasaki team -

View attachment 503065

If you say 'Kawasaki green' to anyone who knows anything much about motorcycle racing, it very much evokes this shade.

When I first visited Berlin in 2000, motorcycle police there all wore green leathers like this one on the left:

View attachment 503070

I think the age of those is now passed, though.
Those look awesome. Imagine if everything about Terminator 2 was exactly the same except that the T-1000 wore a green leather motorcycle cop uniform.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice! I’ve been looking for a while to find boots that match the olive jacket but everyone I find is more expensive than I want to pay for shoes. I can’t make myself pay more than Red Wing money for shoes.
If you want to post pics in the shoe wear thread when they arrive I would love to see them.

Someone, maybe @dannyk, mentioned having a friend who makes nice boots in his hometown for around that price point. I tried searching the forum but I can't find the post (it won't let me select dannyk as a user in search, though it does in chat.)

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Will do. I’m hoping the colour is ok as I don’t exactly know what I’m getting as Trickers don’t provide samples,

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve been looking for a while to find boots that match the olive jacket but everyone I find is more expensive than I want to pay for shoes
Really? Olive colored shoes to olive colored jacket? I have found for myself that color matching shoes and jacket only work with black and partly with brown.
Everything else seems kind of... hmm... too intentional? Or too perfectly matched? I don't even know how to describe it. Does it make sense?
Anyway, I like the 875 redwing best with my green. The light color gives a nice contrast ;)
As always: Tastes are different and allowed is what pleases.

Goel

A-List Customer
Green is a very versatile color I think, depending on the shade. I find olive drab and dark green to be my favorites, especially the Thedi goatskin or deerskin I see all the time.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Really? Olive colored shoes to olive colored jacket? I have found for myself that color matching shoes and jacket only work with black and partly with brown.
Everything else seems kind of... hmm... too intentional? Or too perfectly matched? I don't even know how to describe it. Does it make sense?
Anyway, I like the 875 redwing best with my green. The light color gives a nice contrast ;)
As always: Tastes are different and allowed is what pleases.

Gotcha! I tend to agree with you. I don't take a strong stance on color matching of leather - I try to match black with black usually but I think a black jacket can work with lighter tan colored shoes as well.
The olive jacket works well with both black and brown shoes imo but it would be fun to have shoes in the same color. It's a very versatile color so it could be worn with a lot of different jackets.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Then go custom with William Lennon. It will probably be cheaper than Red Wing, and though I have never worn a RW pair myself I cannot imagine any pair of boots built more solidly than the WL's.
Photo's below taken from WL's insta.

1680251210392.png

1680251228160.png

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
This is stunning and I love that it doesn't have those overly delicate shoulder top seams that make many FW jackets ugly to my eye even if the leather and pattern are stunning. I wonder which other FW models lack that.
Can you post an example of what you mean? I've looked at a bunch of FW jacket pics since you wrote this, but don't see anything unusual about the shoulders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB