Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

greetings and solutations loungers 59Lark has returned .

59Lark

Practically Family
Greeting loungers , news of my demise was permature. My double breasted pinstripe and black biltmore came out of the closet for a funeral last week but it was not for me,but a poor fella that some surgeon forgot to close off a duct to his intestines when removing his appendix. . My studebaker lies out of gas and forlorn in my lane and summer biltmore need a new ribbon due to sweat badly. My hope is too start enjoying this site once more and get some encouragement and enlightenment . I wish to start looking for the postive and acheive some miracles of my own. my thanks to all 59Lark:eusa_clap:eeek:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Is yours a 4-door or a coupe?

59larkht.jpg

59Lark

Practically Family
Mine is a Lark v8 sedan 51,000 original miles, arizona car, automatic, cream its actually a 60 model but i did the research and found out was made a week before xmas 1959 .
sothe date of birth makes me call it a 59 and i didnt want a sixties car that really was a 50s car.Kinda like me the last child and the throwback to a better time. Well sunday it didnt rain, so i got my jerry can and put some gas in it and fired it up after putting a cup down the carb and got it going, my youngest and me went to the grocery store in it and after sitting for a almost a month it kinda hesitate and almost stalled when stepping on the gas and the people behind me kinda got a smoke stream. But by the time we came back it was running smooth again. 59Lark

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Mine is a Lark v8 sedan 51,000 original miles, arizona car, automatic, cream its actually a 60 model but i did the research and found out was made a week before xmas 1959 .
sothe date of birth makes me call it a 59 and i didnt want a sixties car that really was a 50s car.Kinda like me the last child and the throwback to a better time. Well sunday it didnt rain, so i got my jerry can and put some gas in it and fired it up after putting a cup down the carb and got it going, my youngest and me went to the grocery store in it and after sitting for a almost a month it kinda hesitate and almost stalled when stepping on the gas and the people behind me kinda got a smoke stream. But by the time we came back it was running smooth again. 59Lark

Nice...so you slew some petrol down the ol' gullet of the car and it finally came to life....I bet you are a happy camper now!

59Lark

Practically Family
Sadly we had our first snow, my girls 9 and 18 both proceded to take our lab out and have a snow ball fight and the lab kept grabbing the snow balls and and eating them. Was gone by the end of the day but its a sign of things to come. Need to get one more good day to do some things to the stude before i drive to it mothers house. My winter fedora didnt fit so I put a stretcher in it, and now it fits . Dont like the grey ribbon on it gonna get my seamstress daughter to reribbon it with wider black. It will the first time in 15 years I didnt buy a new fedora in october , times are tough. 59Lark.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Cars for the new model year are introduced a few months before said year. It sounds like your car is actually a '60, despite its date of manufacture.

Welcome back to the Lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21