Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Groups or clubs?

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Anyone that may know what the SCA is will understand what I am asking.

I am wondering if there are any clubs or groups for people that like to gather once or twice a month (or more) and immerse themselves in the life of the 30's 40's or 50's.

Thanks

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
Well, I do a lot of swing dancing. Most of the music we end up dancing to is from the 30s and 40s, though some is current bands that play in a similar style. Quite a few people in the scene are into vintage clothing, or at least have vintage stuff or vintage-styled stuff they wear to events.

There's people who do WWII re-enactment, too. The communities overlap; a friend of mine from the swing dance group does a lot of re-enactment and was helping organize a big USO-show type thing at Greenfield Village* with live music and dancing.

I don't know of any SCA-type groups, though.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
I am mostly looking for some 50's style groups. maybe they gather and have a sock hop or whatever now and then.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Bump to see if anyone else may be able to help.

If not. Would anyone be interested in helping to start one?

Last edited:

HeyMoe

Practically Family
You know I was thinking the same exact thing for New England. It would be fun to get together with others with similar intrests. I am more than happy to start a "chapter" if a club or organization gets going.

I'll be following this thread closely!

Mr_D.

A-List Customer

Honda Enoch, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner