Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I feel Chicago may just be the answer for me - that dollar-pound exchange rate should see me right. I'll walk those suckers back across the Atlantic!

mattface

Practically Family
Gustin put up a Natural Indigo died pair today, and I had to jump on them. I saw a different Natural Indigo fabric from them in the past, and really liked it. This one is darker than that one, and slightly heavier at 14oz. I look forward to seeing what the wear characteristics of the natural dye are like.

Here's my referral link again for anyone wanting to take advantage of the $20 discount on their first pair. https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/232

mattface

Practically Family
I got a shipping notice last night for my Indigo Selvedge Chambray shirt. Looks like it's shipping a month early! :eek: Should be here by Saturday, I'm pretty exited to get it. Crossing my fingers on fit. I also ordered the Indian Summer Flannel for my dad for a christmas present. He's a bit smaller than me, so I'm more confident that the large will fit him than I am about it fitting me.

Pictures of the chambray to follow soon!

wdw

One Too Many
I received my October delivery natural wallet today, so a bit early. It's ok, probably worth $28 inc p&p, but I prefer my Mulberry one at four times the price. Having said that, I like the look of the new burgundy one and would rather have had that instead.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I love the oxblood wallet, but it's not something I'd buy on its own. I'll wait til some seriously heavy denim turns up or the something like the Jade ones and look at it then. But for the money, I can't praise their jeans enough, they're breaking in very nicely.

winterland1

Practically Family
Black Japanese selvedge 14.5 Oz jeans finally back. I have my pair ordered. I think they look great.
Someone should be getting their $20 credit soon.
https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/6029
gustin black.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've just received the #17 The super heavies.
Here's some photos to compare them with The Dark's that I've had for around 3-4 months. The lighter colored pair is the super heavy.
IMG_8838.JPG

IMG_8839.JPG

Double back belt loops are a new welcome addition at least in size 38.
IMG_8841.JPG

Smaller Gustin logo tag
IMG_8843.JPG

Loose stitching on back pocket liner stitching. Not super happy about this but this is non-essential stitching that won't be heavily strained so it will probably be fine.
IMG_8845.JPG

IMG_8842.JPG

Again, in case anyone is looking to signup and buy a pair you can get $20 off if you use my link and I'll also get a $20 credit that I'll use towards buying more jeans that I'll photograph and show here.
https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/2860

Last edited:

guygardner

A-List Customer
I've just received the #17 The super heavies.
Here's some photos to compare them with The Dark's that I've had for around 3-4 months. The lighter colored pair is the super heavy.
IMG_8838.JPG

IMG_8839.JPG

Double back belt loops are a new welcome addition at least in size 38.
IMG_8841.JPG

Smaller Gustin logo tag
IMG_8843.JPG

Loose stitching on back pocket liner stitching. Not super happy about this but this is non-essential stitching that won't be heavily strained so it will probably be fine.
IMG_8845.JPG

IMG_8842.JPG

Again, in case anyone is looking to signup and buy a pair you can get $20 off if you use my link and I'll also get a $20 credit that I'll use towards buying more jeans that I'll photograph and show here.
https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/2860

Used your link to register and pay towards a pair of American Classic selvage, slim fit. Looking forward to seeing them!

"INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, GET $20
Tell your friends about Gustin and receive $20 of store credit for each one that makes a first purchase of $80 or more. Plus, we'll give them $20 off. Everybody wins! Place the link below anywhere you think your friends may find it. Facebook, Twitter, your blog, email, your holiday cards, a billboard mounted to the side of your house, wherever."

Here is my invite link, in case anyone else would like to register for $20 credit towards an order (and in turn I will get a $20 credit towards my next pair): https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/11350

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, everybody,
Just a question for anyone who's bought one of Gustin's shirts: would you say they run smaller or larger to size? I just put in for one of the flannels. I took all the measurements of a shirt of mine that fits well and, basing the size on their measuring instructions, went for a small. The reason I worry is that I can be a small or medium, depending on the maker, and ordering anything on-line is always risky. Any opinions?

mattface

Practically Family
Hey, everybody,
Just a question for anyone who's bought one of Gustin's shirts: would you say they run smaller or larger to size? I just put in for one of the flannels. I took all the measurements of a shirt of mine that fits well and, basing the size on their measuring instructions, went for a small. The reason I worry is that I can be a small or medium, depending on the maker, and ordering anything on-line is always risky. Any opinions?

They are cut on the slim side. FWIW, I wear a large pretty consistently, sometimes a XL in a slim cut, but can get away with a Large in Gustin's sizing, but it winds up being one of ,my more form fitting shirts. Your best bet is to take the measurements off a shirt that fits you really well, and compare them to the fit guide on their website.

mattface

Practically Family
Thanks, Matt. Yeah, that's pretty much what I did, so I suppose all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed.

It's what I did as well, and it came out pretty much as I expected. It's always hard to guess how something will fit, but comparing measurements to something that does fit turns out to be WAY more reliable than comparing how the garment fits other people.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
There's got to be another round of heavy denim coming soon. They need to keep the denims interesting and a bit exotic ie the Rainbow nefs, Jades, extra heavies, if they want to people to keep coming back to look. The endless rounds of Classic Americans etc are getting a bit boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails