Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@ProteinNerd , can you tell me what size your shirt is, and what's the sleeve length?

Sorry I cant measure it now, I would guess they were about 26 or 27 inches from the shoulder. That's the medium classic.

I'll let you know when I get it back at the end of the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tropicalbob

I just took delivery on a dark oak canvas blazer and must say that I'm fairly happy with it, with a few minor exceptions. Somewhat heavy canvas (too warm for this time of year in Miami), but the fit is perfect, though I think the sleeves might be shortened by 1/2 inch. The only problem with it is that they extended the blue chambray lining down into the sleeves (the arms are cut fairly high), making it pull as I put it on and then tug a bit as I move. I think I'll talk to the guy who does my alterations and see what it would cost to have them lined with sateen. The pockets are notably small, but the cut of the jacket is nice. Also, curiously, I found grains of sand in the pockets: either they were left over from the distressing, or someone wore it to a beach party before it was sent out.

tropicalbob

Up next is the American Herringbone Workshirt.

Size medium, classic fit. I probably should have gone for the slim fit but it's a casual shirt so....

Firstly, the material is really nice. Very thick for a shirt, it is almost a light jacket. I will be really surprised if this doesn't last 15-20 years. The build quality is great in my opinion, the only issue for me is it's really, really long, body and sleeve. I don't think it will shrink in the wash, most of Gustin's stuff is pre shrunk.

I think they are designed for someone 6'4. Is Josh Gustin really tall?

Anyway great shirt, would recommend if you can live with the length.

dd8117ec658acdb7deafe411f404c1dd.jpg
The couple of shirts I've gotten from them have all had very short tails, something I'm not fond of as I always tuck my shirts in (like a big boy, lol). Maybe these shirts were made by someone else?

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Up next is the American Herringbone Workshirt.

Size medium, classic fit. I probably should have gone for the slim fit but it's a casual shirt so....

Firstly, the material is really nice. Very thick for a shirt, it is almost a light jacket. I will be really surprised if this doesn't last 15-20 years. The build quality is great in my opinion, the only issue for me is it's really, really long, body and sleeve. I don't think it will shrink in the wash, most of Gustin's stuff is pre shrunk.

I think they are designed for someone 6'4. Is Josh Gustin really tall?

Anyway great shirt, would recommend if you can live with the length.

dd8117ec658acdb7deafe411f404c1dd.jpg

I have that shirt, and agree it will last a long time! I'm 5' 10", about 150, and have been purchasing Gustin shirts in the Medium Slim size. If you wash that workshirt and put it in the dryer for about 20 minutes it will shrink a little. Mine now fits perfect.
Oh, Josh Gustin is about the same size as me (5' 10" and around 150). I only know that because I asked him. LOL I wanted to get a feel for the size he was wearing because he used to be in a lot of the fit photos.

ProteinNerd

I recently received my pair of CXL natural high Tops.....great casual shoes. I love them, so much so, I’m eagerly awaiting my other casual shoes to fall apart so I can back the next cordovan pair.

I recently received my pair of CXL natural high Tops.....great casual shoes. I love them, so much so, I’m eagerly awaiting my other casual shoes to fall apart so I can back the next cordovan pair.
I wondered about those...I'll back a pair. Simple Chuck Taylor style is great. And I'd imagine they hold up far better, given the CXL.

ProteinNerd

Yeah my biggest issue with leather converse is the sole separating from the upper on the sides, these are stitched not just glued so I can’t see this being an issue...and of course the leather is much better quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I've stayed away from Chucks myself. Everyone I know says this. I do have some fake Chucks that are better than Chucks, though. It seems like that's what everyone has to do.
It's a damn shame too b/c I love these and they are just no brainers to wear. But yeah. You're essentially flushing that $ down the toilet when you buy a pair. I just noticed the Gustin CXL version. Haven't seen them in black but that's the pair I'd get behind.
I love the idea of Gustin but it's a bit frustrating and kind of fun? way to buy. I wonder what % of their campaigns actually get backed.

El Marro

It's a damn shame too b/c I love these and they are just no brainers to wear. But yeah. You're essentially flushing that $ down the toilet when you buy a pair. I just noticed the Gustin CXL version. Haven't seen them in black but that's the pair I'd get behind.
I love the idea of Gustin but it's a bit frustrating and kind of fun? way to buy. I wonder what % of their campaigns actually get backed.
Ton,
I agree that it's fun in a frustrating way... it's hardest when you have backed your first campaigns, and have yet to receive anything. After a while, you will back something and then forget about it until you get a notice it has shipped and on its way to you. A couple years in that's how I am anyway.
As far as how many of the campaigns are funded, I think it is close to a 100%. I have backed 55 campaigns over the last 2.5 years and they have all been funded and produced.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
It's a good question. I'm not a big fan personally so I have never backed any of their stuff. From what I can tell it seems that a good percentage do get backed.

Sneakers aren't my favorite in general because they do actually get destroyed. That's partly why I prefer boots so much and why the sneakers I use the most are actually re-sole-able.

Mich486

One Too Many
For those who like Chucks, check out the ‘70s version that has been in production for 3-4 years now. The construction is much more solid: heavier canvas, more robust sole etc. The sole is also a bit larger which I believe should limit the issue you guys mention of separating from the upper part. I have got a pair and I love it.

https://m.imgur.com/a/vRGY7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tropicalbob

They just came out with a new shirt style this week called the "rugged" look. I think it's not quite so fitted, has two chest pockets, and, IMO, a weird stand-up collar - the kind you usually see on tight-fitting shirts. I wish somebody'd come out with more '50's-style, flat- lying spread collars, the kind you see on the old Pendleton shirts. Some of their designs, like the gray/ember tartan one they have, would look great like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider