Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

mattface

Practically Family
Post up when you get it. My gripe with Gustin is the small shirts. I don't get American companies making such small sizes. I'm not even big these days. I hate all these places catering only to small(er) sizes. I'd like a couple of those Ox's myself.

Well they are slim fit which is the fashion right now, and I for one appreciate it because even though I'm not slim, I don't like billowy shirts. The L and XL look about right for a slim fit L or XL. They really should add an XXL though.

Well they are slim fit which is the fashion right now, and I for one appreciate it because even though I'm not slim, I don't like billowy shirts. The L and XL look about right for a slim fit L or XL. They really should add an XXL though.
I can do slim-fit, just not with a 34" sleeve and 44" chest lol

wdw

One Too Many
They posted this vid of the belt being made.

Interesting video. It's always good to see this sort of stuff.

Butte, wasn't it you who showed the Horween video? Any more gems up your sleeve?

I’ve been using an equivalent of the Simple Wallet for years now and find them ideal for not bulking out leather jackets.

Last edited:
I reposted the Horween piece, not the original poster.
I also requested that they combine shipping - I'd like to get a few of those wallets for gifts, but don't want to pay to ship each little one. I saw those and was immediately sold for the reason you stated - no bulk. Interestingly, the brown is outselling the black pretty well. Maybe we are "hip" :rofl:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
hehe so that combined shipping-guy was you :)

well I backed the natural simple wallet :D

And offcourse I will post pics of the shirt as I hope other people will post anything they get from Gustin.
Dont have alot of money so I just got the grey shirt, the double indigo and the slate. Have to see how theese fit before I get more unless they post something crazy only-noodles-for-a-week-worthy :D

Last edited:
Yeah, big-mouth. I emailed Gustin asking about the combined shipping thing.
I'm broke at the moment - daughter getting married in four weeks, Mom's house just got painted, and I'm beginning the construction to fix the damage from the 2011 wind storms. But I have enough left for a $20 wallet :rofl:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My Green Wefts should be winging their way across the Atlantic to me, so I'll post them up once I've got 'em. I like the Slub ones they're doing just now. Hopefully, it'll come around again.

My Green Wefts should be winging their way across the Atlantic to me, so I'll post them up once I've got 'em. I like the Slub ones they're doing just now. Hopefully, it'll come around again.
No more denim until I can try the Heavy Amurcans I ordered. I'm holding out for some 18oz+ if I like the fit.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I'm up to 3 pairs of Gustins and I echo all the positive reviews of both the denim and the construction. My only gripe is the inseam, in my waist (35) the only available inseam is a 36. I'm about 6'1 tall and I have to double roll the cuff to avoid walking on them..I recently sent two pairs to "Denim Therapy" in NYC to (Chain stitch) hem them down to a 33. This should still give me enough length for an inch turn up or to stack them. As their business model evolves I would like to see the ability to adjust inseam lengths added..

mattface

Practically Family
What was your latest pair Boyo? I'm waiting on the Heavy American, which should be a great choice for fall, and I also ordered a classic belt. I'm thinking the bridle leather will wear in with a patina similar to my Honey Brooks Pro.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I'm clocking in with these
Regular.. 13oz cone mills denim (these are from the Kickstarter campaign)
The Super Heavy 18 oz Japanese denim (sent for chain stitch)
The Natural (sent for chain stitch)
The classic belt
The indigo selvage chambray shirt is still pending

I plan on keeping the Regular in the original length..

Waiting in the Super Heavy Americans #27 and the belt as well.
Wanted a bunch of the Simple wallets but refused to buy them one at a time. I emailed Gustin and they apologized for not having it more streamlined yet.
Once I get the first batch of gear, I'll see about ordering more.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
My Super Heavy and Naturals are "out" getting hemmed...The shirt has not been delivered yet.. but here's what I can show tonight..
the Regular and the Classic Belt

232323232%7Ffp73493%3Enu%3D3688%3E3%3A6%3E%3B45%3E27793%3A6%3C36259ot1lsi

mattface

Practically Family
My Super Heavy and Naturals are "out" getting hemmed...The shirt has not been delivered yet.. but here's what I can show tonight..

232323232%7Ffp73493%3Enu%3D3688%3E3%3A6%3E%3B45%3E27793%3A6%3C36259ot1lsi

Nice! can't wait to see the shirt. I really lie that organic indigo chambray. If they run it again I'll probably got for it.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I took a chance with the shirt, it may be a bit too small for me, according to their fit chart the XL only has a 16.5 neck I normally wear a 17.5.. But I don't plan on wearing a tie with it..I'll get a picture up when I get it.. I'll also post pictures of the other jeans when I get them back from DenimTherapy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy