Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just wanted to thank the other 2 people who've used my referral link. This is the only place I've posted it so I know you came from here. So far I have The Dark and have been wearing them for a little over a month. I like the way they wear and are wearing in. I'll post some photos after the first wash which I'll probably be doing soon as my wife is not a fan of not washing jeans I've worked in. I've ordered the super-heavy and the natural belt they have up now so I'll probably have them in September some time and can do a photo set/review of them then. If anyone else is interested in using my link it's: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/2860. You get $20 off your first order and I get $20 off my next order. All items I buy with credit from Gustin will be reviewed with extensive photos here on this thread.

mattface

Practically Family
Here are a few pics showing the fade developing on my Classics after a couple months of heavy wear including a couple dips in the ocean, a very muddy camping trip, a bike ride in the soaking rain, and washing them when they get dirty, they are still a nice dark indigo, but starting to show some light streaking on the front with faint signs of whiskering. The place where the fade is really starting to get pronounced is on the back on the yoke seams, pocket seams, and center belt loop. Oh and of course in the seat where the bike saddle rubs.

They look a little lighter in the pics because of flash, but the pics at least give a good idea of how they are wearing in.

Untitled by mattface, on Flickr

winterland1

Practically Family
Ok I had to get a belt. Only $30 shipped when you use the $20 credit from the signup link going around. It is a 12oz natural leather belt with brass buckle.
I used someones link that I signed up with a while ago and got my $20.
Here is my link to get $20. Go get a great belt that for sure will develop a nice patina with age for a deal.
https://weargustin.com/invite_from/6029
gustin belt.jpg

winterland1

Practically Family
Crap I realized you have to spend $80 to use the $20. Didn't read the fine print. Guess I will have to get some jeans too. I am waiting for a pair of thick black ones to come on for sale. That sounds bad for some reason. Oh well.

edit- I am confused, you do get to use the $20 for buying anything at least from their rules.
The person referred just needs to make an $80 purchase to get that $20. I got it now.
"Tell your friends about Gustin and receive $20 of store credit for each one that makes a first purchase of $80 or more. Plus, we'll give them $20 off."

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
Looks like they just added a campaign for 30 more of the Heavy American. Usually if the campaign is not a multiple of 50 it means they are using that last of a fabric, and that's the last campaign we'll see of it for a while. I backed one of these and am really looking forward to trying some heavy weight denim. Also I've been wanting a Cone Mills Denim and I think this one is a very cool choice.

Also The #1 Heavy was recently brought back. This is a real nice classic dark indigo dense crispy 13.75 Japanese selvage. It was their first denim ever, and it appears to be quite similar to the #22 Classic which I love. I'm almost tempted to back this one, but I think it might be a little too similar to the one I already own, and I'm holding out for some more unique denims, and/or some nice shirt fabrics that might be coming out in the near future.

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
My belt should be here soon. Am temped on the 16.5 oz Heavy American but am holding out for something in black. Looks like 16.5 oz has been their heaviest American denim so far.

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
I've got the #27 Heavy American and The Classic Belt coming. Waiting to see how I like this gear before buying more. Also pushing for more bigger-sized items. Tired of the good stuff only being in smaller sizes!

Nice choices. I recently ordered the same exact stuff! I think you'll like them, but it is a good idea to wait to order more jeans until you've tried them on and can be more confident about the fit.

I got the belt with $20 off. Stuff should be shipping soon. Thanks a lot matt for the info/hookup. If I like these I'm going to be happy to order more. Hoping for the 18oz soon.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
According to the community page on their website, August deliveries were to begin today and continue through Friday. I'm waiting for the #55 Indigo\indigo and I'm gettin' antsy.

According to the community page on their website, August deliveries were to begin today and continue through Friday. I'm waiting for the #55 Indigo\indigo and I'm gettin' antsy.
Saw that too. Don't know if that includes all of August's orders so far or earlier ones. When it gets here, I'll know :)Looking forward to this…could be a great resource.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good idea! Ta. I saw ont VLJ somebody from the States ordered that fantastic blue and white A-1 by the The Few and was hit for an extra £120 import from Japan!:eeek:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy