Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I send them to AB Fits in San Francisco who will shorten and chain stitch Gustin Denim for $10 (if I remember correctly). I have them leave enough room for a single cuff. I figure that I will eventually wash them and the extra length will be handy.

breezer

Practically Family
just received my first pair of Gustins - via a Fedora member - first impressions are good - now I know how they size I will be ordering another pair direct. Just been on their website - they are producing so much more than denims theses days its mind boggling - I fancy a Horween Nato watch strap.

(Edit) been wearing them all day, a bit tight around the waist - willing them to stretch out!

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have gotten a coupple of things since last post:

White OCD, Cream slate flanell, but most importantly:

GreyxBlack Herringbone:

Here they are together with the grey silks and the slate:

DSC_0032_zpsa0937b02.jpg

DSC_0033_zpse91930cf.jpg

My Loomstates (dark pic) together with some other jeans..

DSC_0034_zps328e74f7.jpg

gaseousclay

Familiar Face
bfad1c57f6dd7f1904ed65ab00281902.jpg

b2f50aad1dca5793f0de73e7b7b62124.jpg

Finally got my waxed trucker last week and I'm very pleased with the results. Sadly, it has now dipped into the 20's/30's with snow, so looks like I won't be wearing it for at least 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Just collected my okayamas from delivery office .£21 in customs charges...bugger...but I cant believe how good these are...so much better than the classic16..no bleeding..just perfect..iv got the heavy American coming in December but these okays will take some beating

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thus far the Okayama and Zimwabwe are my two favorites with a slight nod toward the Zimwabwe, although the Okayama is less expensive. Flip a coin. [huh]

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thus far the Okayama and Zimwabwe are my two favorites with a slight nod toward the Zimwabwe, although the Okayama is less expensive. Flip a coin. [huh]

+1

I'm now waiting for a pair of 18oz Japanese from Lawless, which are meant to be heavy but soft from the get-go.

technovox

One Too Many
I just took delivery on a pair of Okyamas and Super Heavy 18 in the skinny fit. I have to say that the skinnys are very very tight out of the package, but slowly they’re starting to loosen up on break-in.

BTW a couple of weeks ago, Gustin threw a wonderful party here in SF. Those guys are fun to hang with…lots of good whiskey and pizza and chat. But the best part is that I scored a #81 Indigo Slub Chambray. And also a Waxed Trucker jacket in brown. Both unearthed out of the back room recesses. Christmas came early!

Here's a pic of the Gustin Party...

GustinParty.JPG

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These are a size 38. I've never worn Levis so I can't compare but if you measure a good fitting pair and then compare that measurement with Gustin's size chart you should be good.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wear a 40 in Wrangler 13mwz. 38 in Pointer brand. 38 in kirkland (costco) brand jeans (fit a bit loose), 38 in Riggs workwear jeans (fit a bit loose). The Gustin jeans in heavier fabric fit a bit tight at first. The lighter fabrics fit less tightly.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My last Levis 505 was a size 38. I wear a 38 Gustin, although I have a 37 Zimbabwe on order for a more snug fit. Gustin's sizing chart is remarkably accurate. Measure your best fitting jeans as described in Gustin's chart and order accordingly.

Just received my Rustic blue twill shirt today.
Described as...
"We haven't used much twill shirting but recently came across some heavier styles that were too good to pass up.

This style uses cotton twill from one of the finest mills in Japan. The moment we felt this fabric we were sold."

I figured the fabric to be on the heavier side.
It is not. Its more of a lightweight Summer flannel.
At $90, I won't be buying shirts from them anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot