Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GW Star Sportswear 42-18245-P

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello!

Got my Good Wear Star Sportswear 42-18245-P today and show you the first pics taken a few hours ago.

Hide is Shinki HH, dark russet, with a beautiful grain. It is soft, and thickness is exactly how I like it.

It is very comfortable to wear because this contract has no collar stand, and collar is cut lower in the front, and stays clear of the wearer's chin when sitting as well. Beside this the collar / neck hole is a little bit bigger ...

In my opinion fit is very good, sleeves' length could have some more reserve for wrinkling (not sure about that).

Well, will show some details later ... First I am interested in your esteemed opinions ...

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

Attachments

• Star Sportswear_1.JPG
    Star Sportswear_1.JPG
    456.8 KB · Views: 417
  • Star Sportswear_6.JPG
    Star Sportswear_6.JPG
    416.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Star Sportswear_2.JPG
    Star Sportswear_2.JPG
    443.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Star Sportswear_4.JPG
    Star Sportswear_4.JPG
    480.2 KB · Views: 353
  • Star_No2_01.jpg
    Star_No2_01.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 278
  • Star_No2_02.jpg
    Star_No2_02.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
I agree. Again, I've no clue about these jackets but this is exactly how I would want my A2 to look like on me. Looks perfect. Couldn't imagine a better fitting - or looking - jacket.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Nailed it! The fit looks perfect and as this is one of the more 'wearable' contracts, I am sure you are going to love it. What a great result after such a long wait. I think the sleeves are fine, there seems to be more than enough of a reserve for creases. Also, due to the inset sleeves, arm movement should be even more comfortable. Love the colour and love the details of the Star. This was my second choice after my RW1401 and I think its a sure fire winner. If you pass this on, you need to have your head checked ;) Wear it with pride. Congrats!

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Many thanks for your replies!

Yes, I am sure, I will keep this jacket and I love the hide, the fit and the style of this contract. And I agree with Brettafett that there should be enough reserve for creases in the sleeves.

Kind regards,

Johannes

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic acquisition. I wouldn't want the sleeves any longer and unsure how the fit could be improved on. :cool:

willyto

One Too Many
Outstanding! I can't think of anything that could need improvement. I like the name tag inside the jacket instead of the outside left chest. If I had a jacket like this I wouldn't think of getting another A-2 in my life.

I think that the no collar stand really looks fantastic.

I think is time to consider ordering a GW. The longer I wait the longer the wait will be.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Looks fantastic. Great fit, and makes me look forward even more to my turn coming up in the queue. Sleeves are exactly the sort of length I go for, btw.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello again,

thank you very much for your comments and compliments!

I am firmly convinced to have got a very beautiful, well fitting A-2, of course in a making quality that is worth the waiting time of two and a half years ... John Chapman again did an awesome job ...

Will wear it with pride and awe!

Thanks and all the best to you,

Johannes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran