Habig with moth damage

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Paul A Lesieur, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Paul A Lesieur

Paul A Lesieur New in Town

I bought this a few days ago on Ebay. Seller did not mention moth damage and I could not see it in his pictures. Nice hat and except for the moth stuff really good condition. I want to put it back on Ebay because its too loose, not because of the moth damage. You can't see the moth stuff unless you get right up to the hat. My question is: do hats like this still sell? I would mention the damage I just don't want to waste anyones time. I'm think $40.00/ shipping $12.00
    In the end I learned a lesson about buying on Ebay. Still, I liked the hat but it sits on my ears. Its a 59 and I wear a 57.

Attached Files:

Blare likes this.
  2. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I too learned a lesson early on in my Ebay hat buying. Now I always ask specifically about moth nibbles, stains etc unless the seller lists in the description the absence of mothing, stains etc. That way I have justifiable reason to return if the hat doesn't match description. Not sure about the value. Hopefully another Lounger will chime in with ideas.

3. Paul A Lesieur

At least I didn't shell out more. I have learned a lot since I joined this forum and if I do Ebay again I'll be asking the right questions. As I said, it looks good when wearing it, just too large.

4. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

Just ask to return it - moth damage is a good enough reason. If the seller disagrees you will probably win the argument with ebay.

5. Paul A Lesieur

Good suggestion so I just got done doing that. Too bad. I liked the hat.

6. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Yes, unfortunately my learning comes mostly from missteps. The trick is to keep the cost of the missteps to a minimum.