Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAH! One Midnight blue Borsalino to go, please!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I finally won a Borsalino, and I think the price is very right at $46 plus shipping. I've been wanting something in the dark blue range, and this one looked OK to me. (Auction)

Borsalino.jpg

I called the seller directly to check on the hat. Although their size info was inadequate in the auction, the labeling in the hat says 58CM and 7 1/8, which both equate to a UK size of 7 1/8 and a US size of 7 1/4.

Now it will be interesting to see what it's like when it arrives!

Comments?:cheers1:

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
There's a lot of brim on that hat. I am curious to see it on. As an owner of two vintage Borsalinos, I could be called an aficionado. ;) Congratulations and I hope it lives up to your expectations. I think it is a very nice looking hat.:)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
There's a lot of brim on that hat.

Yes, there is...and the auction says "rim size 4 inches". This may be a VERY broad-brimmed hat when it arrives - but that can be modified, I guess.

OTOH, I'll actually have a hat with a "rim". Never had one of those before.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Pilgrim said:
Yes, there is...and the auction says "rim size 4". This may be a VERY broad-brimmed hat when it arrives - but that can be modified, I guess.
It may look awesome on, so don't fret! And yes, brims may be trimmed down. Though, if you get it and you find the brim to be too wide, wear it for a while; you may get used to it.

When I bought my latest Borsalino, I hated the crown. I hated that it only had a center dent and no real bash (though I have since realized that it had two indentations on either side, though I popped them out). Anyway, I wore it around for a weekend and now I love it!

My advice is, wear it around for a while.

Pilgrim said:
I finally won a Borsalino, and I think the price is very right at $46 plus shipping. I've been wanting something in the dark blue range, and this one looked OK to me.

I called the seller directly to check on the hat. Although their size info was inadequate in the auction, the labeling in the hat says 58CM and 7 1/8, which both equate to a UK size of 7 1/8 and a US size of 7 1/4.

Now it will be interesting to see what it's like when it arrives!

Comments?:cheers1:

I am glad you got it. I saw it but obviously the size was wrong. Take plenty of good pictures that the seller didn't. ;) It is an interesting hat that I would like to see more of.

Regards,

J

Let's ask Besdor!

BellyTank said:
I've never seen a Borsalino liner like that.
...?

B
T

Hey Besdor,

What is the story behind Borsalino/Trionfo and Borsalino/Vanzina? Are those designations unique for Bencraft? I haven't seen them anywhere else.

By the way, I like the box that's coming with Pilgrim's hat. Any chance of a limited run for the retro crowd?

Sardou,
in Big, Beautiful Brooklyn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24