Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hail & Farewell, CBS Sunday Morning 2007

Sentimental slob that I am, I always try to watch the CBS Sunday Morning program at year's end to catch the obits of the year's passings, as observed by the CBS writing staff. Did it bother anyone else that Bud Ekins demise went un heralded? Did I blink and miss it? That "Evel" Knievel (even he would have to admit to being a S.O.B.) got what amounted to double airtime? Wouldn't it have been more glorious and uplifting to fade out on Bud Ekins' (a family man and pioneer motorcycle & motocross racing legend) and his famous flying motorcycle jump in "The Great Escape" (and not "Evel" mid air in slomo)?

Hondo

One Too Many
I also try to watch this program every Sunday but Bother? no, they did give too much air time to Leona Helmsley, “queen of mean” who left 8 or 12 million to her dog. Can't see paying tribute to her [huh]

panamag8or

Practically Family
I had never heard of Bud Ekins before now, and I would guess most of the country hasn't, either. However, most people do know Evel Knievel, so that might explain CBS' take on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart