Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cut: Layers

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I just got my hair cut, as per the many suggestions I've seen here. I brought in a picture of Veronica Lake for reference, and asked for long layers and the hair to be cut in a U/beveled shape. I like how it turned out. I'm not up for posting pictures, but it's really very simple - just like it sounds - and looks adequate for vintage.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
MarieAnne said:
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I found this link
http://www.geocities.com/retrohairstyles/ivan2.html
posted by Miss Bella Hell to be particularly helpful. Looks safe for non-vintage hair and it's something I can print and bring to the hairdressers.
I'll start with long layers and see how that goes.

I used this printout at Supercuts yesterday, and the girl wasn't offended or anything and cut it just right. Well, I wish she had deepened the "U" shape, but she probably would have cut me into short hair country if she had. As it gets longer, I'll deepen the "U" I think.

I have fine hair, but a lot of actual "hairs" so the hairdressers start complaining halfway in that there is a lot to cut! My kind of hair translates into layers = good, because without the layers, the fine hairs pile up upon each other at the ends and I end up with mushroom hair after a certain length. It's still 'shrooming out a tad, but I didn't want her to pull out the razor! That always damages my hair!

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I have a question: do I need layers?

Here's the situation: I got my hair cut in a u-shaped middy, but with no layers. The longest part of my hair - in the middle and at the back - NEVER seems to take or keep much of a curl, regardless of what I do to it. I'm getting fed up of having all these long straight straggly bits at the back when the rest of my hair is okay. Should I ask for layers at the back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda