Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Griemersma said:
James Cagney had a pretty wide variety of hairstyles throughout his career. I stumbled across this picture of him today-- it reminded me of a more extreme version of your new cut, Dinerman:

3450364131_21b8581da7_o.jpg

I am going to get this haircut on Tuesday. Why not?

:p

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. 'H' said:
Pity we didn't get to see your before picture!
I think the problem with mine was that I went too short on top, so the front didn't lay right when swooped back. If I would have waited two weeks it would have grown in, but I got too impatient and buzzed it all off. I'll try it again in a couple of months when the mop grows back!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Modern skins don't wear that, though, so I don't know that its anyone's first thought.

I think you're okay unless you do a whole thematic outfit. Just leave the Luftwaffe jacket at home.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Ok, ok.... So I sparked off something here!

I am going to get it done (partly) because I will be flying out on vacation Wednesday and in a fortnight it will have recovered to a less severe style.

Years ago, I used to get a variation of this - a "marine" haircut, buzzed all the way up with a "zero" blade and a "less than zero" buzz up around the edges. The funny thing was that I kept an ultra respectable parting and pomp at the front. I could get away with it because I dressed very conservatively at work and clients would not notice the extreme sides until I had tuned my head sideways (after gaining their confidence in me)!

The difference here with the Cagney cut and the marine cut will be that I will have longer hair at the top (gradually getting longer at the front) and have a full "executive contour*" pomp.
. * "executive contour* -
ExecutiveContour.jpg

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Mr. 'H' said:
Ok, ok.... So I sparked off something here!

I am going to get it done (partly) because I will be flying out on vacation Wednesday and in a fortnight it will have recovered to a less severe style.

Years ago, I used to get a variation of this - a "marine" haircut, buzzed all the way up with a "zero" blade and a "less than zero" buzz up around the edges. The funny thing was that I kept an ultra respectable parting and pomp at the front. I could get away with it because I dressed very conservatively at work and clients would not notice the extreme sides until I had tuned my head sideways (after gaining their confidence in me)!

The difference here with the Cagney cut and the marine cut will be that I will have longer hair at the top (gradually getting longer at the front) and have a full "executive contour*" pomp.
. * "executive contour* -
ExecutiveContour.jpg

Hey Brian,

I think that will look sharp sir! Yeah definitely keep a side part or slick it back, the center parting would be just too much.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
AtomicEraTom said:
Hah, I'm a big-time American Graffiti fan. Great film for those of us who are nuts about vintage lifestyles, music, and CARS!! I have my dad's copy of the Soundtrack that he bought in 1973, he was 13 and had to have it! He was a 50s style greaser in those days.

I'm getting a lot of hating on the sideburns lately, but I can't bring myself to shave them off. They've got a little bit of Rockabilly Flair to them and I kinda like them, but I'm beginning to feel like Ricky From Trailer Park Boys.
You can guess which one Ricky is....Heck, I'd even wear that shirt! LOL!

Trailer_Park_Boys_001.jpg

Tom, I got off and on/ hating on the sideburns when I had a rockabilly pompadour, I say if you like them keep them. I sometimes miss my pompadour, but with my new job and moving into my 40's now, I had to opt for a more clean cut side part, but the nice thing I still have a cut I can keep slicked back/greased.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I need pix of close cropped, balding civilians (no Frawley combovers) from anytime before 1950.

The numbers buzz is the only cut that makes my head look halfway decent, so I would like some historical perspective on the look - how unusual it was before the crewcut era and how well it looked with earlier clothing.
3072225419_a19dd1fe24.jpg

4 on top, 2 on sides

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy