Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been thinking about getting a "Hitler-jugend" haircut.
:eusa_doh:

Basically it is back and sides cut short and hair longer on top.
That sounds much better. Why dont you describe it that way? you coudl tell how high the short part should be and that the long top should just stay and maybe get tapered on the edges. But if it shoudl look like HJ you don't want much taper?

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
I am going to explain it to her that way, but I thought she might think that I mean a mohawk or something like that, because it seems to be so popular these days. The kind where all the hair, except a patch of hair going from back to front is cut.

What comes to taper, I do not want much of it.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
You could always take a picture of Hitler in and ask for that. I would say its doubtful anyone under 40 years old would even recognize him(unless they watch Glen Beck) but that's a discussion for another day. As for hair cuts mine has been growing out nicely and I've started to get a handle for the old school pomade and it's styling nicely. I want it to grow out a bit more and then I'll post some pictures.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
You could always take a picture of Hitler in and ask for that. I would say its doubtful anyone under 40 years old would even recognize him(unless they watch Glen Beck) but that's a discussion for another day.

I really hope you are joking there. Because otherwise I am rather offended on behalf of my generation.

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
You could always take a picture of Hitler in and ask for that. I would say its doubtful anyone under 40 years old would even recognize him(unless they watch Glen Beck) but that's a discussion for another day.
I believe everyone over 10 year old knows about Adolf Hitler and what he looked like. Kids have history in school, you know?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
He didn't mean Hitler by Hitler-jugend. It's worth doing one's homework.

I know that, and I was not commenting on the wisdom of getting a Hitler Youth haircut, just the statement that I quoted which was a response to him.

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
Well, I didn't exactly mean the same kind of haircut Jimmy has. Jimmy seems to have pretty long hair on the back and sides to be a "HJ".

And I am not asking for a Hitler haircut. I am asking for a Hitler-jugend haircut. They seem pretty much the same, but I think they look different in some way. It's probably because Hitler had his hair combed to the side while most people just let theirs be like it naturally is or maybe just slick it back.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Well, I didn't exactly mean the same kind of haircut Jimmy has. Jimmy seems to have pretty long hair on the back and sides to be a "HJ".

alg_boardwalkempire.jpg

Depends on when in the season you ask.

Mulceber

Practically Family
I'd say just ask for that haircut - the reason it goes back like that is probably that he puts pomade or some other hair product in it. Don't put it in, and it will probably do what you want. -M

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
I'd say just ask for that haircut - the reason it goes back like that is probably that he puts pomade or some other hair product in it. Don't put it in, and it will probably do what you want. -M
Ofc I know he uses a hairstyling product to make it stay back. I just said that it looks like a Hitler Jugend, when it's slicked back. I actually thought about combing it to the side by using pomade.

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
Why? I like the look of a Hitler-Jugend. I've always had no haircut and I decided it's time to get one now. I've always had my hair like it goes naturally, only went to barber like every 2 months to make it shorter, but otherwise let it grow like it grows. I've started to hate it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot