Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hairstyist Reccomendations and Referrals

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hi--

I'm in the midst of growing my hair out but I think I've finally got the length to get a short middy cut. Since I'd like to work with someone who understands the "vintage" mindset I thought I'd ask if any of you Boston ladies have a stylist that you'd recommend. I work in the Back Bay area but I'd be willing to drive if necessary.

Thanks!

C

cherry_bomb

I personally recommend anything in Northampton. Yes, it is an hour and 1/2 away, but there are some excellent salons there, and the entire town is dedicated to preserving that vintage feel. There's also a wonderful salon in Chicopee if you're interested. My cousin owns it and refuses to work on anyone under the age of 35- 40 because she says "they want all those new fangled hair do's... "

I wish I lived closer to her. She's the only person who did my hair for years!!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I've been out of town and offline for a couple of days, so forgive my lateness in sending my thanks for your recommendations ladies! I love Noho (I went to college in the Valley) but it's a bit far for me to drive, alas. I dropped Marcella at Hollywood Ultra a line to ask about her services. Have you seen the description of her Pin Up class in July? I'm really tempted to go. If I end up getting a cut I'll let you know how it goes.

C

cherry_bomb

:eek:fftopic: where in the valley did you go to school? i grew up in westfield. i miss it so much! *feeling nostalgic*

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
imoldfashioned said:
I've been out of town and offline for a couple of days, so forgive my lateness in sending my thanks for your recommendations ladies! I love Noho (I went to college in the Valley) but it's a bit far for me to drive, alas. I dropped Marcella at Hollywood Ultra a line to ask about her services. Have you seen the description of her Pin Up class in July? I'm really tempted to go. If I end up getting a cut I'll let you know how it goes.

I didn't know she was doing classes! Tell her Heather from Thru the Keyhole sent you ;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hi Heather,

I'll mention your name when I see her. I probably won't be able to get to her 'till the middle of July (I had no idea I was so busy until I tried to make an appointment!).

The class sounds really great (more info below), hope I can make it there.

Best,

Sarah

1940's Pin Up Look Class
Sunday July 30, 2006
12-3pm
$60

**Hollywood Ultra presents it's first ever Pin Up Look Class. You will learn AUTHENTIC 1940s make up and hair styling tips to create your own individual pin up look!! The class will take place in Merrimac, MA (40 mins from Boston MA, and Manchester NH). Snackies and drinkies (non-alchocolic) will be served!

The class will include:
*$70 dollars worth of (full not trial size!) make up that you get to keep!
*Authentic 1940s make up application lesson
*Basic DIY pin up hair style lesson
*A Brief (so as to not be boring) 1940s Style History

Space is limited to 10 so book now!! Reservation and Payment must be received by June 25th

JustJen

Familiar Face
Hairdressers in Dallas/Fort Worth??

Hi all,
I'm looking for a stylist in the DFW area that fosters the whole vintage hairstyle philosophy. I know there's a couple from Texas on the board but dang it, I can't find any of their posts.

Does anyone know of any stylists local to me?

Cheers and thanks!
Jen

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Rubyredlocks on here does vintage hair. She's in a salon over in the Lakewood area of Dallas. I've talked to her a few times about some help with my hair, but I'm in west Fort Worth so it isn't exactly close for me, but you might contact her!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
For my fellow texas girls:

How about a little how-to hair party at the salon? Maybe on a Saturday early evening or Sunday tea-time.
I'll show a few hot roller sets.(You can apply the same principals on a wet set)Rolls,and the triple roll. (Ft.Worthgal-you'll be surprised at how much can apply to short hair as well)
I'll provide spirits and snacks as well.

Should be a fun little get-together,let me know if you're interested!

Oh,and so I don't confuse anyone,this offer does not include haircuts,shampoo,or blowdries,but is free of charge and just a fun excuse for a meet-n-greet!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Same here. I'm interested but will need some notice, as I may be having to use my weekends with my mom to plan a wedding. But I'm totally up for it. The only time I can't on the weekends is Saturday mornings due to a class I am taking. I think that ends mid July though.

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
Oh, I am so jealous that I am so far away! You ladies enjoy yourselves--it sounds like a great time!

I, for one, would love to see some photos and examples!

Jessica

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Hey Girls!
I'll be out of town all this week,but will check out my schedule when I get back.
Let's go with a sunday,so we don't have to worry about other clients if we get a little too girly and giggly.
I'll post a few dates to choose from with plenty of notice for everyone and we'll go from there.
If someone has a digital camera Im all for taking pics for our other Fl sisters.
Ya'all will be with us in spirit!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Hi Ladies,

I'm so sorry that I didn't plan this sooner since I am going to have to postpone this event indefinitely.
I've just started suffering from morning sickness (I don't know why they call something that lasts ALL DAY "morning sickness") and feel that my concentration level isn't what it should be.
I'll let you gals know when I'm feeling better and we'll go from there.

Thanks dolls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner