Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween costumes!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Your cat costumes sound adorable! Please can we see some pictures.

I'm going as a zombie Carmen Miranda to my friends 40th birthday/halloween bash. The theme is retro zombie.

I pretty much have all the items for the costume at home anyway. I'm just waiting for a plastic pineapple and some feathers to arrive from ebay to finish off my turban!

How cool! We expect pictures Miss S!!!!!!

I love a good Hallowe'en party - last time my husband and I went as Bonnie & Clyde and one prior to that I went as my FL namesake - a pretty easy costume to put together....

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I love Halloween and used to dress up every year. My current employer isn't overly keen on costumes, so it is hit or miss whether we get to dress up for work. In the past I've been an old west saloon gal, Rosie the riveter, Little Bo Peep, a black cat, a nurse, Little Red Riding Hood (my boyfriend at the time was a wolf wearing an old granny nightgown), Anne Boleyn, Mulder & Scully from the X-Files...

Our neighborhood is one of the "good" trick or treating 'hoods, so we always get a ton of kids. We buy about 50 lbs. of candy and just camp out by the front door & hand it out, with a scary movie on TV. Good times.

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
How cool! We expect pictures Miss S!!!!!!

I love a good Hallowe'en party - last time my husband and I went as Bonnie & Clyde and one prior to that I went as my FL namesake - a pretty easy costume to put together....

Bonnie and Clyde sounds great Miss G! And of course you would make a great Holly, seeing as you are practically her twin anyway! I do love a home made costume, so satisfying i think. (From my persepective i'm happy i get to wear the huge, yellow bakelite hoop earrings that have been languishing in a drawer as i'm too wussy to wear them otherwise. A bit gaudy for me day to day.

Forthworthgal - 50lb of candy, what lucky kids!!

I will try and get some pics for you, it is a big birthday for my best friend, so i will be snapping like mad!

Edward

Bartender
There's an American add-on to the folk holiday I wish we could import here - dressing for work. You can keep your pumpkins, though. Turnips! It's all about the turnip!

FraeuleinBerlin

One of the Regulars
Don't worry boys, post away!

I've never heard the turnips thing, and I'm English... we always make Jack-o'-Lanterns out of pumpkins too!

I would love to see all of your Hallowe'en pictrues - including the kitties!

I go to quite a lot of costume parties when I'm in Cambridge - our college holds them three times a term, and then obviously people have them too... so I try to be imaginative with my outfits. A good friend and I quite often go to these events together, and last year for Hallowe'en we dressed up as the Cold War - he was Capitalism and I was Communism.

37939_10150116605052178_704547177_7770791_4961557_n.jpg

69801_10150116605522178_704547177_7770808_1039187_n.jpg

Dan'l

Practically Family
The practice of decorating “jack-o’-lanterns”—the name comes from an Irish folktale about a man named Stingy Jack—originated in Ireland, where large turnips and potatoes served as an early canvas. Irish immigrants brought the tradition to America, home of the pumpkin, and it became an integral part of Halloween festivities.

The above is from the following... http://www.history.com/topics/jack-olantern-history

lareine

A-List Customer
I am Irish and we grew up with carved turnips at Hallowe'en. I never saw or heard of a pumpkin in Ireland at any time of year when I was a kid. Either they were not available (quite likely) or my parents just never bought or ate one.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
I LOVE Halloween (Candy and costumes? Yes please!) so it goes without saying i dress up every year :) this year i will be a lady gnome for the parties Halloween weekend, this coming weekend a friend's band is having a Halloween show so i'm going to wear a new(to me) black 60's linen shift and a short pink bob, and another friend and i have been doing joint themed birthdays the past few years, this years theme is Circus/Carnival so with vintage in mind i'm going as a cigarette/candy girl :D
Dress up is my favorite thing!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I'm going as this this year:

e99bde2c-54e2-48c6-b34c-2e8c17a3d17d.jpg

I already have the wig -- gonna put PBR cans in it. I'll wear my hubby's leather jacket, and I got the makeup down from a youtube tutorial.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
I'm out of ideas, time and funds. I think I already have what I need to be Irma la Duce. Not sure how o do 60's hair though.

Lisa Freemont St. has been on a bit of 60's kick lately... might pick up some good tips there. And her hair is currently similar to your length.

Nikita B

New in Town
I was going to do Sally Jupiter as Silk Specter but ran out of time and cash so a blonde wig, wash off tan and sparkly nude lip gloss will have to suffice this year. Unoriginal but it's only for the work Halloween party so I'm sure it'll do in a pinch.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ lol

I posted this in another thread, but I remember a few years ago, Dita went as a "normal girl" for Halloween with the bronzer, blonde wig, etc. So funny!

n4cuwp.jpg

DVT: Every year for Halloween I dress up as a normal girl. So this year, I wore jeans and little fleece-trimmed Ugg boot-type things and a t-shirt and a blonde wig and a tan....I went to a big party here in L.A. I went completely unrecognized, which was awesome. Not one person knew it was me. I was with my friend who's a famous TV star and everyone was saying, 'Can I take a picture of you?' to him and no one asked me for a picture which was really great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112