Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween costumes!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I was a sailor girl last year, wanted to wear my BP dress again. ;0

Won't be dressing up this year though.

X
BD
heysailor.jpg

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
What to do.. ok I have a 1040's nurse dress... its goes all the way down passed my knee's.. ect what kind of halloween outfit could i use for it.. i was a nurse last yr. :rolleyes:

Puzzicato

One Too Many
HepKitty said:
FCBD used to sell the pattern directly. that's where I got my copy, but that was years ago. I'm glad that someone is still selling it though

there is the coin bra pattern too. that one I did buy from them about 3 years ago because I wanted to spare myself some agony. I don't like them middle of it though, so I took an old underwire bra, cut the straps, back, and cups off, and sewed it into the bra to stabilize it. also attached a big kuchi piece to hide the middle section of it. much better!

I've reconstructed one bra, but there is an Etsy seller who does blank bras, with all the reinforcing and buckram you could ever need, so the one I am currently decorating is from her!

HepKitty

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
I've reconstructed one bra, but there is an Etsy seller who does blank bras, with all the reinforcing and buckram you could ever need, so the one I am currently decorating is from her!

bra of steel. I like it

post pix when you're done, I'd like to see what you've done

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
Costume help burlesque (Halloween)

Ok so I thinking of a way to dress as a burlesque dancer or caberet girl for halloween and ideas on what to wear... or how to put an outfit together? [huh]

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
LoserVonTeese said:
Ok so I thinking of a way to dress as a burlesque dancer or caberet girl for halloween and ideas on what to wear... or how to put an outfit together? [huh]

I'd say just start watching old movies for inspiration and when you're ready to start putting your outfit together I personally suggest erring on the side of authenticity over modern promiscuity. It'll look a lot classier.

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia said:
OMG you're an amazing Jem! I've always been into the cartoon and dolls, I collect them. Have all the dolls, and the stage, etc. He he! One never grows up!

X
BD

Awww thank you! The coolest part about the costume was that I actually got the Jem earrings...you know the ones that flashed when she turned into Jem? This woman on ebay makes them...we were in the club and everyone was laughing because they were like, "At least we won't lose Mary, we can see her flashing from miles away! lol

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
LoserVonTeese said:

Fringing and tassels :) Or you could do a cabaret style thing like in my avatar?

I'm going to a zombie party, think I will just go with a really OTT psychobilly/day of the dead type costume, I have a DOTD skirt, thinking lime/acid green tights, some brightly coloured nails and drag queen make up, but not sure what kind of top. [huh] Think I'll dye my hair too. (having a go at home bleaching eeek :eek: Well if it goes wrong I can shave it off right? :D ) It feels a bit lame, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a new outfit that's 'zombie' and I won't wear again....

I did think about trying the sugar skull make up look, has anyone done it?

2994098954_11a5462abe.jpg

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
tassels yes!! i love the advatar. I could glue some pastie's on a nude colored bra and wear a corest type shirt with fringe bloomers and a petticaot. :rolleyes:

Auburn-Jane

New in Town
the costumes last year look great i cant wait to see what everyone will come up with this year

this year i plan on being poison ivy, I am very excited, shes been my favourite villain since i was a child.

Packin' Heat

One of the Regulars
Auburn-Jane said:
the costumes last year look great i cant wait to see what everyone will come up with this year

this year i plan on being poison ivy, I am very excited, shes been my favourite villain since i was a child.

[YOUTUBE]dfJAQWucGSw[/YOUTUBE]

I dunno what to dress up as. I could pull-off Napoleon easily, I suppose, considering I have a $350 bicorne replica of his, along with appropriate knickers, horse-riding boots and a long gray coat.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I think I'm going to be a creepy doll this year. I need to make a wind-up key and figure out how to attach it to my back without hurting the dress I plan to wear.

Tatum

Practically Family
Miss Moonlight said:
I think I'm going to be a creepy doll this year. I need to make a wind-up key and figure out how to attach it to my back without hurting the dress I plan to wear.

Miss Moonlight, this might not work for your costume, but I did this for something similar. Make a little harness with some fabric that matches your dress (unless you are lucky and it buttons up the back, in which case you could wear it under), and attach the key to it. The best part of that solution is that you can easily take it on and off to ride in the car, sit down in a chair for a bit, etc...

The harness is basically two strips of fabric about the same length as a dress armhole, with a little strip to connect the two in the back and hold the key.

You're making me sing "Coin Operated Boy" by the Dresden Dolls to myself now, hehe! I love your costume idea. Very cute!

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Miss Moonlight said:

Or instead of a wind-up (although a wind up would be infinitely cuter) maybe you could rig up a pull string, like the old talking dolls had.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Miss Moonlight said:
Velcro? If you lightly stitch a square on to the dress it shouldn't harm it too much depending on how the fabric is.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Packin' Heat said:
I dunno what to dress up as. I could pull-off Napoleon easily, I suppose, considering I have a $350 bicorne replica of his, along with appropriate knickers, horse-riding boots and a long gray coat.
Ah, but do you meet the height requirements?

I don't know that anyone here will know who this is, but i'm going as Dr. Girlfriend of venture brothers (a sort of parody of Johnny Quest)
Drgirlfriend.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have always wanted to be Madam Satan, but not with my current figure!

madsatan.jpg

MadamSatan-m.jpg

images

And if you haven't seen the movie, check it out - an early 30s costume party on a zeppelin!!!

kosloff-electricity-madam-satan.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy