Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween costumes!

Papa Smurf

Familiar Face
Greetings from Sweethaven!!

Happy Halloween, from Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Swee' Pea.

Halloween2009017.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
awww, love that little Popeye family!!

Everyone looks marvelous and I hope you all had a fantastically fun Halloween!

Our wedding anniversary (six years, whew!) is Halloween and we rarely dress in costume because we usually go out to celebrate - this year we went dancing and of course, everyone thought we were in costume - that happens to a lot of us I bet ;)

My night was made though when a woman in her 80's came to me and said you took my breath away - you look just like the girls I went to high school with (of course, aside from the red hair and tattoos)! It was the most wonderful and sincere compliment I've ever received on my vintage look!

4065374530_5f036ddc70.jpg

The blouse and suspender jumper is by Bettie Page. Hubby's zoot suit pants and accessories by El Pachuco.

epr25

Practically Family
The party that we went to was themed for being a murderer or a murdered person. My friend went as Lizzy Borden, I attempted the Black Dahlia but it turned out more of a dead 40's lady. The hat was a hit though.
101_0709.jpg
[/IMG]
101_0707.jpg
[/IMG]

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Ewww....nice Black Dahlia! :)

I was The Bride of Frankenstein....my hubby was the Monster and best friend was the good Doctor. This dress is the first thing I have ever draped---it was fun. Although, I woke up with a wicked rash all over my face and neck from the cheap greasepaint makeup. Oh well.

halloween09.jpg

miss_elise

Practically Family
My Fair Lady inspired racewear... although Halloween in Australia is in Spring and the temperature at the track was 33oC...

so the jacket didn't stay on for too long
4059942141_e5c610fba6.jpg
4059930315_310bc187a8.jpg

lexismonkey

New in Town
The organ grinder / monkey costumes are the BEST THING! Omg! I LOVE IT!

You all have fabulously creative costumes!

Last year I went to a party and every single girl there had a premade 'sexy' costume. There were sexy cops, sexy doctors, sexy nurses, sexy jungle janes, I got so disgusted I decided this year I was going to dress up as NON sexy as possible.

lexose

Big, Burly biker guy. :D made me happy

Vanessa

One Too Many
I love the Popeye family! :eusa_clap

I had a Halloweekend:

Friday at work for an office party:

001efxf0.jpg

Some guy at Starbucks said, "wait, are you from Gone with The Wind?" and started humming the theme song. HA

Saturday touring Old Town with friends as a Sylvia Ji-inspired Day of the Dead catrina:
1-6.jpg

Sunday at an 18th C tea party I planned:
2-3.jpg

I love Halloween.

JeffOYB

Vendor
I haven't posted here in ages, but I had a great time on Halloween this year. I went Steampunk. My interest was resparked in Steam this summer at a Civil War muster when I saw a tall and exotic couple -- they were period-correct but had a little something extra, so I got to googling... Then I thought I'd try it myself. I whipped up my outfit in a couple hours before a party. I'll post my costume plus a pic I took of the couple... --JP

Me...

jp.steampunk.inside.sm.b.jpg

Classy Civil War couple...

fashion.civil.war.jpg

MagsRags

New in Town
I didn't get to dress up for Halloween this year - I was out of town for a job related conference and didn't get back until late on Saturday. But I do have some pics of some costumes past, both cobbled together from my vintage collection and wardrobe. First, a pirate.
89magcoathata.jpg

The coat was acquired from a costume trunk show many years ago - some of the gold leather appliques are cracked and shredding a little and there's a 3 corner tear on the back shoulder, but if it was in perfect condition, I would have been afraid to take it out and wear it. The "pirate hat" is 1940s - my avatar wears it too. The leggings and boots were from my closet. Oh, the fencing sword - DH has a small sword collection. We have quite few odd collections, LOL.

88magclowna.jpg

I mostly agree about scary clowns, but this was one of my all time favorite costumes. The clown suit is vintage, it belonged to my German farmer grandfather, which is one of the great mysteries of my family history IMO. I wheedled it out of the family Halloween box once I was old enough to realize how special it was. The rest was a chiffon scarf around the neck and a soft brocade beret plus makeup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points