Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween isn't too far off!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Epsecially for those of us who have to make a costume! I always start thinking early!
So what are you planning to be this year? Going to any parties?
I'm kinda thinking Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf for my hubby and I!
I've got tons of costumes if that doesn't pan out. Can't think of anything for my son yet...
Nikki

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Um.. zombie paramedic/nurse. There's a zombie "pub crawl" in London that I will be going to again, and a group of us have been planning to go as zombie paramedics since lat years crawl.

Shearer

Practically Family
TheKitschGoth said:
Um.. zombie paramedic/nurse. There's a zombie "pub crawl" in London that I will be going to again, and a group of us have been planning to go as zombie paramedics since lat years crawl.

Too fun! I run the gamut as far as Halloween goes, but last year I ended up doing zombie since I have an uncanny ability to do gore makeup [huh] It was one of the better costumes I've had... people kept wanting to come up and touch me to see what it felt like, which was a little... odd. One guy, obviously tired of the sexy nurse/pirate/schoolgirl costumes, yelled, "Yes, a zombie! That's what Halloween is all about!" I love zombies and George Romero, etc. Always wanted to to a zombie crawl, but never saw any near me. Have fun! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: I'm like you, Nikki... I start thinking about costumes months in advance. I've been tossing around the idea of Dottie Parker this year. However, I usually end up as something drastically different than my first idea!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Halloween isn't too far off!!

My daughter is already pointing this out to me :eusa_doh: .

Since her birthday is in October she has maybe even (if possible) a greater love for this holiday. I have to admit I'm already doing some planning.:)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I don't dress up anymore. Maybe its just that I don't go anywhere on halloween.

I do however bring gummy body parts candy to work and gross everyone out that way.

Best costume I ever did, was a huge 3 layer birthday cake complete with a candle hat and 'Happy Birthday to me' on the side of it. I spent my childhood helping out with haunted houses and was thus denied my dream of being 'a birthday cake on my birthday' until my 21st birthday. I spent all summer making it.

D...who should be more into dressing up

K

killertomata

I also tend to get started thinking about Halloween in June or July, and that's when the craft stores get the first if their Halloween stuff in. Halloween is very well celebrated by me and mine. Parties, events, plans of various sorts.

However, I don't usually dress in costume. I never have the time to come up with anything really great, so rather than go half-arsed I just dress as me. Which... in general probably looks like a costume to some people anyway. heh. Fine by me. :) When I do dress up, it's often as various versions of Red Riding Hood. (In fact my name on boards is usually RedHotRidingHood, but that was taken here already by someone who wears it well.)

My sisters kids are lucky- due to our our very American hodge-podge of ancestry they get Halloween, Samhain and Day of the Dead celebrations. lol

Doh!

One Too Many
I friggin' LOVE Halloween and already came up with an idea... which you'll find out about on October 31st.

I tend to go for the scary and this year's will be no exception -- although a "different" kind of scary. The problem with Halloween in L.A. is that it could be 100 degrees that day so one has to plan carefully. A few years ago, I went as the Wolf Man to work, but when I went to lunch it was hot so off came the mask and I went as Larry Talbot.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
All my life I've wanted to dress like this for halloween-

invman1.jpg

Unfortunately, that darn monocane substance is impossible to come by....

wowandflutter

New in Town
i've had a plan for a few years to be maria as the robot in metropolis.
this costume has required to much work in the past & i refuse to do
it until i can get it perfect....

maybe this is the year. i also want somewhere really marvelous to wear
it.

metropolis16.jpg

Phobic

New in Town
mmm . . halloween

I'd like to go as Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan, but going shirtless in Reno in october is probably not a good idea. So instead I will probably go as Number 47 from the Hitman games. The whole point of halloween for this year is to shave my head and mutton chops off, which none of my friends know about. It's just more fun when you suprise your friends.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Oh heavens, halloween already. This was huge for my family growing up but I'll admit the last couple of years we've slacked off. Last year my husband was at MOS school in Virginia retraining, and I was more concerned about finishing my dress for the Marine Corps Ball than I was about a costume and the year before that my Father in Law had died a week before. This year I'm not even sure where I'll be! I suppose once we have kids I can really get back into it, but we really havn't done a whole lot for it in a few years.

griffer

Practically Family
Well, lord knows I am hip deep in planning.

Started back in January actually, sorting and reviewing ideas.

We will be traveling the week of Halloween down in NOLA.

So far the Blade Runner costume is moving along.

My wife has created morgue files of production stills for each of us as we drive around, so we can pop in stores.

IDs, lighted umbrella, wig, all ordered.

We love this holiday- it's our anniversary.

Anyways, I owe the forum pics of our past costumes- Victorian ghosts, sock hopper and James Dean, Sky Captain and Polly Perkins, Robert Smith and Siouxsie Sioux, etc....

Last year, we had several parties, so I threw together a "B" costume- a debadged sort of 'brown shirt' fascist thing (jack boots, duty belt, black tie and cap) with a BIG, over-sized sticker that said, "Hi! My Name is.... Karl Rove".

People in my little liberal town were shocked at my 'uniform' from a distance, got close and laughed there heads off. You should have seen little old Andre, manager of a local French restaurant, when we 'invaded', Oberst Karl Rove in the vanguard!

Two threads I started on our costume project-

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21401
http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21190

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A couple of years ago, I came up with a great idea. I wore black pants, a black & white striped shirt, an old straw "lifeguard" type hat, had a red sash, a long wooden pole in one hand, a white cane with red tip in the other, big dark glasses...

And I wore all that because.....

I was....

afterall....

a Venitian blind....

AND then LAST YEAR...a couple companies came out with virtually the same idea for sale...I should've patented it...

Our good friend Faye arrived with what I think is the greatest woman's hat I have EVER seen. Sort of a black pillbox with elastic chin strap perched at a jaunt angle, and out of it came eight furry legs, making it appear like a giant spider on her head. It was great. And she was taking all the pictures, and naturally, we got none of her. But she said some day she'll wear it over again so we can get some pix.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a party every year that has a theme. Sometimes I'm not even invited! Then of course I don't go. One year I was the first invited, when the theme was Hooray for Hollywood. I was Maggie the Cat so I can't post pictures in the Lounge. So I won't know what the theme is until quite close to the day, in all probability.
Went out for a drink dressed as a cowgirl last year, no one knew I was wearing a costume. :eek:

Jerekson

One Too Many
Mandalorian Supercommando sounds good for the more g33ky side of me...

But otherwise, Halloween is just another excuse for me to wear my best suit and hat. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll throw in a shotgun just to liven it up a little :p

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I want to make a Victorian ghost dress- all whispy and gray and black- ripped to shreads- and get white contacts and spray my hair all white.

Probably not going to happen this year.

I also really want Ginger Rogers coin outfit from Gold Diggers of 1933. That would be fun.

Of course, I never really do anything but it's an excuse to dress up more. Last year a bunch of friends came over and we watched Plan 9 From Outer Space and played Spoons. Was fun.

Doh!

One Too Many
Lauren said:
I want to make a Victorian ghost dress- all whispy and gray and black- ripped to shreads- and get white contacts and spray my hair all white.

Cool idea! I might have to try that myself sometime!!

Aw... who am I kidding? Contacts irritate my eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24