Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Pics

Around the hood today with our Springer
IMG_5443.jpg IMG_5405-2.jpg IMG_5398.jpg IMG_5383.jpg IMG_5310.jpg IMG_5598-2.jpg IMG_5424.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Many years back in the mid 1980s a couple of friends dressed as Baron Samedi(from Live and Let Die) and Screaming Jay Hawkins with rubber snakes and life sized skulls on sticks, I as Michael Myers with a hockey mask and a chainsaw. All we did was walk the streets and saying hi to people and joking with mainly children with parents.
Someone took offence and the next thing the police turned up, Baron Samedi threatened them with a handful of chicken feathers as Screaming Jay Hawkins shouted "I'll put a Spell on you" but when they saw the chainsaw they confiscated it, also the skulls on sticks and rubber snakes telling us to collect them from the station in the morning. We went home dejected and looking a bit stupid without our props.
The next year by friends were working night shift so no fun this year. Me? I dressed as Freddy Kruger wearing some homemade gear including the razor hand made from old butter knives. Best was some latex 'burnt skin' and fake blood. This backfired as though I didn't think I had done anything wrong an irate father came to my house next day and nearly gave me a right hander saying I had given his children nightmares as well as a few sweets and items of fruit.
After that I thought never again, no one has a sense of humour on this so called fright night. Now I'm known as a moany old git who never gives the kids anything.....not even nightmares.

Is this still the rental dog or have the Fading Fasts become a 3 resident household?

It is our "shared" dog who, owing to his single mom's job's travel demands, has spent even more time with us recently.

He's now 11 and his health has gotten a bit bumpy, so we just take each day as it comes and enjoy our little buddy as much as we can.

I have a great Halloween video of him - it's short and very cute - but something changed as I can no longer load videos to FL's site.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
@Fading Fast That is a nice Springer; he does sit/lie/stay very well. Also a nice hood. Anywhere close to 10028? It's been so long since I have been to the City, I no longer have a feel for what's where.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
When I met my wife I asked her what she did, we were in the car and I was going to drop her off. She said: "I'm a witch, I'll show you." She put her hand on my thigh and I turned into a layby.
Handwriting & witch 001.JPG shirts 086.JPG shirts 087.JPG

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 276068 I say:
“Trick me-Treat me
Make me write bad checks”.

I remember in the 80s when Joan Rivers was Johnny Carson's regular guest host. Elvira was a guest, and I was a teenager, and it is burned into my memory that Joan focussed in on a part of Elvira's attire, upper area, and said to the effect "i can understand why men are attracted to those. Even i can't take my eyes off of them".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner