Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hand Blocked Stingy Hipsters

ken100

Familiar Face
Not real sure

They dont give much info do they! Quite expensive, they would want to be high quality for the money, for me the shape is a bit odd, to much smap to the brim, looks like you need to crane your neck to see under the brim. Thoughts anyone else?
Ken

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
I don't like it, the style IMHO, is appeal to Hip hop videos, they are not real hats... lol ( I don't want to look like justin timberlake )

Justin-Timberlake2.jpg

hatflick1

Practically Family
They're not for me, either. I prefer the classic fedora look. However, I am always encouraged when I see any new hat stylings which stray from the common baseball cap.

ken100

Familiar Face
Bit better

Hi Tamasso and Jpdesign,yeah they look a bit better, still a bit out there, but hey, Im gettin old (if not already there) Im a solid colour fur felt kind of guy! but if it takes some different colours and materials to get the new generation into toppers well who am I to complain.
Ken. :)

Lance Uppercut

Familiar Face
A lot of these contemporary hats (and they are indeed hats) just don't strike me as very flattering. Depends on the wearer and what, if anything, they do to follow through with the rest of their ensemble.

But all things being equal, it's a very subjective call. My personal feeling: I'm just happy to see someone sporting a cover that's not a ball cap or visor. Even a super casual bucket seems like a step in the right direction to me.

Bingles

A-List Customer
I agree that these are an improvement over baseball caps any day. The overall shape of the crown and even the brim is just too "floppy" for me. They look like they are sagging in on themselves. The site does have a velour "gambler" pork pie that I thought was nice though.

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
Ludicrous!

I could score at least two fine quality vintage lids for the price they're asking for those floppy hats, but hey, to each his own I guess. [huh]

ken100

Familiar Face
Just maybe

We might be to conservitive in our views, if hats are moving on then thats were there they will go, I cant go there now because i like the style I wear, this may not be where they will end up, thats a given, but thats style, and more power to it!
Ken

Lance Uppercut

Familiar Face
Hat styles, like any other article of fashion, come and go . . . but the classics never die.

I find it highly unlikely that these modern toppers will have much longevity from a historical standpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner