Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

GOK

One Too Many
Avalon said:
Oh Gods. Han Solo was the first man I ever had a crush on. I've been in love with him since I was four. lol

GOK, you are not nice posting up those yummy pics! :D

I never, ever claim to be nice, Avalon ;)

I used to have a poster of Captain Solo above my bed when I was 14/15. That's a bit of a sorry admission, isn't it? Actually I still had a poster of him when I was in my thirties! :eek:

Paul Robeson - Old Man River always gives me goosebumps. Show Boat is one of my all time favourite musicals.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Paul Robeson is one of my heroes. He was an inspiration for so many; including Sidney Poitier, who in many ways followed in his giant footsteps.

Don't even get me going about Sidney! My poor copy of "A Patch of Blue" is nearly worn out.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Rebecca D said:
Since we're talking about the show, House, let's not forget the lovely Omar Epps. His warm eyes could melt an iceberg.

4654_omar-epps-1-200.jpg

And, I've said it before and I'll say it again: of all the vintage fellas, Paul Robeson, the gentle giant, always stands out as the most handsome, and most intelligent. If only I had a time machine...

200px-PaulRobesonByYousufKarsh.jpg

....must...sit....down......knees...giving....out....

LD

ps. Mr. Epps is one of the main reasons I am SO in love with the show House week after week. :)

Nashoba

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Except that she isn't. Antonio Banderas is married to actress Melanie Griffith.

*blush* Well I always mix those two up. They look alike to me maybe cause they're both blond I don't know. lol Still doesn't detract from the fact that HE is a wonderfully fine specimen of a man

I shall go back to my daydreaming now :)

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
ps. Mr. Epps is one of the main reasons I am SO in love with the show House week after week. :)

I don't really like the show, but find myself watching it just to see Mr. Epps! He's just so darn pretty! Those eyes!

Miss Day, I post this for you.

Dr_DennisGant-Urgencias-1996.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
You gals can take Mr. Epps... I want Mr. Laurie all too my self!! ;)
house0.jpg

Lady Day said:
....must...sit....down......knees...giving....out....

LD

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hahahaha I didn't even notice him doing that! I was too distracted by the devilishly handsome Hugh! But yeah... Make love to the camera! lol

Rebecca D said:
AHHH HAAAA! That photo of Omar Epps is ridiculous! I think he's trying too hard to make love to the camera!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Rebecca D said:
I don't really like the show, but find myself watching it just to see Mr. Epps! He's just so darn pretty! Those eyes!

Miss Day, I post this for you.

Dr_DennisGant-Urgencias-1996.jpg

Thank you Miss Rebecca, that made my day :)

:eek:fftopic:
I love the show because Foreman had grown from just the typical only black doctor, to being House's protégé even tho nether one wants to admit it. Their relationship is one of the best student mentor relationships Ive ever seen.

LD

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
LD, I don't watch the show as much as I have it on while doing other things - only to run in when I hear Omar's voice. One thing I noticed, though (I'm not sure if it's still the case), is that when the show opens and they have the docs walking through the hospital halls, they put Omar in the back behind the other characters. I thought that was weird.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Avalon said:
Oh Gods. Han Solo was the first man I ever had a crush on. I've been in love with him since I was four. lol

GOK, you are not nice posting up those yummy pics! :D

My very first crush was when I was in 2nd grade, and I was over the moon in love with Ricky Schroder. I wished someday we would ride the Silver Spoons train together! I sent away for an autograph and it took months to get it. By that time I was over him and was so embarrassed that I threw it in the garbage. Ricky, if you are out there, I am sorry.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rebecca D said:
LD, I don't watch the show as much as I have it on while doing other things - only to run in when I hear Omar's voice. One thing I noticed, though (I'm not sure if it's still the case), is that when the show opens and they have the docs walking through the hospital halls, they put Omar in the back behind the other characters. I thought that was weird.

He is one of the taller and broader-shouldered characters, they can hardly put the ladies in back.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
LandGirl... I haven't seen much of the Hugh Laurie outside of House. But he is bloody funny! I just can't get used to the British accent he has. LOL

Rebecca D... I don't think that his following behind has anything to do with him being black as it has more to do with his character's reluctancy to admit that House is great. While he knows this to be true as a whole, he hates seeing all the pieces add up. He is not waiting on baited breath to hear what House has to say next like Cameron and Chase seem to do. Of course, all this could be just because they took one scene from one episode to use in the theme and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than chance. :p

LadyDay... I don't see Foreman as a token black character, but a supporting character (he could be any color) I do notice that they always try to slam his character with stereotypical black characteristics, that he always deflects. I do have to say that one of my favourite line exchanges was between House and Cameron when they were trying to figure out what was wrong with Foreman (what made him different), Cameron: He's black. House: What?! How long have you been sitting on this information!!?? Hahahaha

Katie Makeup... Hahaha I loved that train! I had a HUGE crush on Joel Higgins from the show. He played the Dad. Yeah, I was like 11 at the most, with repeats, but still... I thought he was dreamy!

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
Rebecca D... I don't think that his following behind has anything to do with him being black as it has more to do with his character's reluctancy to admit that House is great. While he knows this to be true as a whole, he hates seeing all the pieces add up. He is not waiting on baited breath to hear what House has to say next like Cameron and Chase seem to do. Of course, all this could be just because they took one scene from one episode to use in the theme and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than chance. :p

My god, you DO love that show!!! :)

As for Omar Epps being in the back, I'll have to watch it again and see if it's anything as bad as I thought. For some reason I remember not being able to see him back there and it bugged me.

And speaking of tall and broad shouldered, may I bring up again:

Delroy Lindo as West Indian Archie
200px-Malcox_x.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hahahaha Guilty as Charged! It is currently my favourite show. Actually, Tuesdays are my show nights. Both my fave are on, first Gilmore Girls then House.

Rebecca D said:
My god, you DO love that show!!! :)
As for Omar Epps being in the back, I'll have to watch it again and see if it's anything as bad as I thought. For some reason I remember not being able to see him back there and it bugged me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner