Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
This thread is depressing me now - why don't any of these men hang out in my local? :rage: lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
UH OH! You fell for that old Floatin Joe move, huh???? Watch out ladies, he's been known to do that in the past with other chilly lasses!! I can't believe you fell for that!:p :D :p

I'd best keep my distance then--I'm a sucker for that move!

Novella

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers is going to be in a new miniseries about the Tudors on Showtime (here in the states at least) http://www.sho.com/site/tudors/home.do?source=shocom_nav

The series doesn't look particularly traditional but a nice piece of eye candy at the site for those inclined.

When I tried to go there this popped up:
"We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States."

How sad.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Novella said:
When I tried to go there this popped up:
"We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States."

How sad.

There's some stills from it here. Looks like us Brits are going to have to wait a while to see it :(

Edited to add: *looks at pictures and faints*

JazzBaby

Practically Family
I loved Gormenghast, especially toward the end when he went all 'phantom of the opera-y'.

Speaking of which, anyone else find the Phantom somewhat attractive? Not physically of course...lol

Folly

One of the Regulars
JazzBaby said:
I loved Gormenghast, especially toward the end when he went all 'phantom of the opera-y'.

Speaking of which, anyone else find the Phantom somewhat attractive? Not physically of course...lol

If we're speaking of the last film one, oh my yes. Far better than Raoul in my opinion.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Folly said:
If we're speaking of the last film one, oh my yes. Far better than Raoul in my opinion.
I'll never understand why Raoul was American in that movie. Yes, Gerard Butler is a handsome man but I meant the Phantom in general, as a kind of mythical romantic figure. I've always found something attractive about that beauty and the beast type scenario. Maybe I'm just weird...:eek:

Folly

One of the Regulars
JazzBaby said:
I'll never understand why Raoul was American in that movie. Yes, Gerard Butler is a handsome man but I meant the Phantom in general, as a kind of mythical romantic figure. I've always found something attractive about that beauty and the beast type scenario. Maybe I'm just weird...:eek:

Gerard Butler as Gerard never appealed, it was the Phantom that I liked :)

Oh I do understand the Beauty & The Beast scenario .. it's certainly something to dwell upon.

(speaking of which, I saw PoTO in the cinema and some chavy oik pointed at me and said "Does she think she's in the film?" in a really loud voice because I was wearing an ankle length skirt .. to say I was bewildered would be an understatement.)

GOK

One Too Many
JazzBaby said:

I've not seen it but are you saying that Butler played it with an American accent? But...but...he's Scottish and has a lovely accent! :eek: And no, JB you're not at all weird. I completely understand where you're coming from...it's that whole powerfully alluring and seductive dark stranger thing. Hmmmmm...or maybe I'm weird too! lol

Kat - forget JRM...Sam Neill is in it!!! That voice!!! :p

Folly

One of the Regulars
GOK said:
I've not seen it but are you saying that Butler played it with an American accent? But...but...he's Scottish and has a lovely accent! :eek:

No, Erik didn't have an American accent, the one who played Raoul did.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
imoldfashioned said:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers is going to be in a new miniseries about the Tudors on Showtime (here in the states at least) http://www.sho.com/site/tudors/home.do?source=shocom_nav

The series doesn't look particularly traditional but a nice piece of eye candy at the site for those inclined.
Oh My Goodness, doesn't he look good in the previews? "Bend it Like Beckham" anyone? MMMM.
I'm so annoyed with Showtime, everyday they show previews for "The Tudors" but it's not gonna be on until April! Argh!! I'm looking forward to it. Have been a bit fascinated with Henry VIII, The Boleyn's , that time period in general. Oh,, and the clothes, wow, they look really beautiful. And then there's Rhys Meyers, hmmmmmm, Daisy drifts away into a dream like state. Too bad he's playing a character who ends up to be 400 pounds by the time he's 40, with a gaping smelly open sore on his leg, and his teeth rotting out of his mouth! Daisy wakes up from nice day dream:)

GOK

One Too Many
Folly said:
No, Erik didn't have an American accent, the one who played Raoul did.

See, that proves I haven't seen the film, or I'd have known that GB's character wasn't called Raoul!!! lol

TheKitschGoth said:
lol, tell you what, you have Sam Neill and I'll have JRM (haha.. yeah, I wish)

Actually, I'm saving myself for Jason Isaacs! My friend and I are planning on kidnapping him when we go to see him at The Trafalgar Studio in a few weeks!

http://www.theambassadors.com/trafalgarstudios/sp_p3494.html

Hubba hubba! lol

Folly said:
Awww, aren't you two sweet to me! Thank you!

Absolutely not! Just truthful! Sweet - pah! I don't do sweet! :rolleyes:

<snigger!>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart