Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Tyrone Power, another actor from the Golden Age...

tpport.jpg

30w.gif

Josephine

One Too Many
Miss Dottie said:
And another favorite is Ryan Reynolds. Please take not Jessica Biel, you are just a rebound for him, so he can still fall into my waiting arms!

2000474683843974612_rs.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Ryan Reynolds... I adored him in Blade III. Movie wasn't so hot, but he sure was! :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Dear Ladies, I pray a moment of your indulgence for some superficial squeeing.

As I've previously confessed on this thread I love all the Daily Show alums but Stephen Colbert turns me into a squealing fangirl. I think he's funny (of course) and brilliant and terribly handsome.

But, because he's a comedian, there are loads of photos of him as "Stephen Colbert" that don't highlight his good looks (exhibit A).

book.jpg

Photoshoots of him out of character are, sadly, few and far between.

The new issue of Vanity Fair to the rescue! They have an excellent article about him illustrated with some very nice photos highlighting what I've seen all along (exhibit B):

1337264613_26cab1286a_o.jpg

At last! No helmet hair! No fake expression! That turtleneck! Those eyes! I don't know what it is but no other male celebrity makes me feel quite so much like a bobbysoxer jumping up and down for Frank Sinatra. Colbert is just pure swoonilishishness, if you ask me.

Ahem, thank you for listening--I'll try to pull myself together now. :)

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
1337264613_26cab1286a_o.jpg

QUOTE]

ImOldFashioned I know exactly what you mean. I find myself very much attracted to Mr. Colbert...although...that second picture...wow, really sends me! I've never seen him quite...like that. Swoon!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
I liked him in Dogma:

"Whats wrong with you....think everyones trying to get into your knickers."
lol

LD

Don't forget Sense and Sensibility.... dreamy....

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Has anyone mentioned Denzel Washington? If I remember 'Malcolm X' correctly...

Has anyone seen 'devil in a blue dress'? Might be one for Amazon - Denzel Washington in 40s costume...am imagining it now...

*faints*

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Holy Cow, I had no idea he could looks so hot! yummy, yummy!

Here's the other picture that gets a lot of play from the fangirls.

250000759_5ca2b184cb.jpg

It was taken at the Sundance Film Festival last year (it cracks me up that he's wearing Merrell slip on shoes!).

tcr20070510video57.png

Also, he's awfully yummy in the "Singin' in Korean" video parody he made this Spring (the man can really dance!).

...not that I'm keeping track of this kind of thing. No, nope, not me...

Still, I like the Vanity Fair portrait best.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Ada Veen said:
Don't forget Sense and Sensibility.... dreamy....

I love this movie and your comment made me think of a story related to the film.

I had a dinner party once with 2 single women and a married couple and we overruled the man (Dave) in the group and put Sense and Sensibility into the VCR. Dave moaned and groaned about having to watch a "chick flick" but once we got into the movie he completely identified with Rickman's character, Col. Brandon. Everytime Brandon didn't speak to Marianne or got shoved aside by Willoughby Dave would talk to the screen "Come on man! Don't let him do that to you!"--he was far more invested in the film than any of us girls were. When Marianne finally recognizes Brandon's kindness on her sick bed he jumped out of his chair like the Patriots had just made a touchdown. So funny!

Oh, and that scene where Rickman's reading the poetry?

Never. Gets. Old.

For some reason the way he says "I must away" in that scene gives me the shivers.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
If we're talking Jane Austen movies, nobody can beat Colin Firth!

look.jpg

Does anybody here watch the new Battlestar Gallactica? Apollo is quite a site!
jamie-bamber-4.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Nashoba said:
oooh BSG!
Gaige andI went to a bunch of BSG panels at Dragon*Con and I got to see all those actors and stuff up close :) He certainly is yummy....;)

I wish I had thought to ask last week! I was at D*C, too. We could have waited in that long line together ;) Were you in vintage? Did you notice that there were lots of vintage gals and a handful of soldiers there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic