Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
Even though he kept it together, you could totally see his face just beam!! Aw. I had to rewind it 'cause I wasn't sure that really HAD been Viggo. *guh* What a dream.

It cracked me up that the audience clearly didn't realize who it was until Viggo turned to face them near the end of the bit--he should have taken his hood off when he came out. I loved how "into" being Aragorn he was too, declaiming "My Lord!". That's what I love about the Report--you never know what's going to happen.

BTW, have you seen this clip of Jon interviewing Viggo (in a very nice suit indeed)? Stephen calls in and it's adorable; Jon's comment at the end is a bit crude but hysterical (and too true, I'm sure!): http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=23494

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
It cracked me up that the audience clearly didn't realize who it was until Viggo turned to face them near the end of the bit--he should have taken his hood off when he came out. I loved how "into" being Aragorn he was too, declaiming "My Lord!". That's what I love about the Report--you never know what's going to happen.

BTW, have you seen this clip of Jon interviewing Viggo (in a very nice suit indeed)? Stephen calls in and it's adorable; Jon's comment at the end is a bit crude but hysterical (and too true, I'm sure!): http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=23494

Ha! Yeah at first I was like...who is that VM look alike? Rawr!
Colbert is almost as awesome and Stewart...it's hard to choose between the two. Thank God they're on back to back.

I hadn't seen that video, that's great!! Aw...Viggo is sooo sweet and Colbert sounds like such a geek on the phone. I think your Colbert Crush is catching...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
Colbert is almost as awesome and Stewart...it's hard to choose between the two. Thank God they're on back to back.

I adore Jon too--I just listened to a speech he gave at the Oxonian Society in NYC; besides being hysterical the man is so brilliant at analyzing policy and politics. Sometimes I think his intelligence is overlooked because he's such a talented comedian. A friend of mine got tickets to The Daily Show in December and invited me--I can't wait.

Also, did you hear that Stephen and Jon are presenting the Emmy for Best Comedy Actor in a Series? I'm so hoping Steve Carell wins--mini-Daily Show reunion!

zaika said:
I think your Colbert Crush is catching...

One of my best male friends got to attend a breakfast at the American Booksellers Association earlier this year where Stephen was the keynote speaker. He's never really gotten Colbert or my mad crush on him and he teases me mercilessly about the latter. My friend came back from NY and I asked what he thought of Colbert after seeing the speech. He paused, looked down, then looked up smiling and said "You know, I think I have a crush on him now too!".

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Sometimes I think his intelligence is overlooked because he's such a talented comedian. A friend of mine got tickets to The Daily Show in December and invited me--I can't wait.

Also, did you hear that Stephen and Jon are presenting the Emmy for Best Comedy Actor in a Series? I'm so hoping Steve Carell wins--mini-Daily Show reunion!

I totally agree...in more serious interviews I'm just blown away by how together he is when he talks politics. God...I wish I was back east...I'd hit The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Conan. I could then die a happy woman.
I did hear about them presenting at the Emmy's! A reunion would be perfect! lol

imoldfashioned said:
He paused, looked down, then looked up smiling and said "You know, I think I have a crush on him now too!".

AW!! That is SO awesome. Colbert wins!

dostacos

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
Not entirely true, my friend dostacos. Awhile back some of the men were frothing over some (probably air brushed) pictures of females they had crushes on. :)
N. B.: Have you missed the Timothy/Gaige thread?
air brushes are why I never wanted my sons looking at playboy, not that I did not want them to see naked women, I just never wanted to think that naked women actually looked like that lol:D

Adele said:
Yes! Have you heard him speak? Oh, good golly I absolutely love his accent!

main.php

Ohhhhh YESSSS!!!!;)

zaika

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
Ohhhhh YESSSS!!!!;)

Another Gerry fan?? Hooray!!

Picture spam!

1387202230_270fbcaaa6.jpg

Look at one of the projects he's doing!The Untouchables (Although I have to say...if he's going to try a Chicagoan accent...it might be cheesy. The man can't NOT be Scottish to save his life. Oh well... :rolleyes: tee hee)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
Picture spam!

Although I have to say...if he's going to try a Chicagoan accent...it might be cheesy. The man can't NOT be Scottish to save his life. Oh well... :rolleyes: tee hee

Yay for picture spam!

Nobody with a Scottish accent should try to hide it, I don't care what the role might be. It's a crime against nature to try to cover up something that attractive.

Adele said:
Yes! Have you heard him speak? Oh, good golly I absolutely love his accent!

He's been in the US for a while, right? Clearly discernible non-Scots idiosynchracies.

I sounded like that before i came back to the UK. The US-touches are dropping out of my accent now. Now i'm back to pure lowland Scottish (all the good stuff without the hardness/brittle/jarring central Scottish accent). I like my accent. :eek:

(and yes, that guy, whoever he is - never heard of him - is very handsome)

bk

Classydame

One of the Regulars
zaika said:
Another Gerry fan?? Hooray!!

Picture spam!

1387202230_270fbcaaa6.jpg

Look at one of the projects he's doing!The Untouchables (Although I have to say...if he's going to try a Chicagoan accent...it might be cheesy. The man can't NOT be Scottish to save his life. Oh well... :rolleyes: tee hee)

Did you see him in Dear Frankie? Oh, just gentle and kind but you just knew he could take of things!

He is just so adorable! And you're right that accent and voice, they get me every time. ;)

zaika

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
He's been in the US for a while, right? Clearly discernible non-Scots idiosynchracies.

I sounded like that before i came back to the UK. The US-touches are dropping out of my accent now. Now i'm back to pure lowland Scottish (all the good stuff without the hardness/brittle/jarring central Scottish accent). I like my accent. :eek:

(and yes, that guy, whoever he is - never heard of him - is very handsome)

bk

:eek:

i can't believe that you've never heard of gerard butler!! lol
as far as i know he has forsaken his motherland for hollywood. i hope he doesn't lose his accent entirely.
and good on you for being proud of your accent!! :eusa_clap if i were scottish, i'd be too. hehe.

Classydame said:
Did you see him in Dear Frankie? Oh, just gentle and kind but you just knew he could take of things!

He is just so adorable! And you're right that accent and voice, they get me every time.

i really think that his best movie was Dear Frankie. it was a nice change to see him...well human. lol he's always played such intense guys.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't add anything....LizzieMaine said everything for me...thank you! :eusa_clap

LizzieMaine said:
A really well-cut, well-fitting suit --- no saggy baggy off the rack jobs

A crisp, starched white shirt

A classy tie

A fresh haircut and clean shave

Well kept/well-shined shoes.

And, of course, a well-shaped fedora to top it all off!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sure, I believe you...;)

Vintage Betty

dostacos said:
air brushes are why I never wanted my sons looking at playboy, not that I did not want them to see naked women, I just never wanted to think that naked women actually looked like that lol:D

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:
*dies*
How could I have forgotten him?? Thank you Kamikat... lol

Those muttonchops...and everything else*swoon*

My husband used to wear mutton chops and people would always yell Wolverine at him in the streets. I used to just call him Chester Arthur. lol

Edward

Bartender
Gah. This thread started so well when it was all "a guy who is charming and treats you right" kinda thing (hey, maybe not all women want a b'stard..... just only the ones I meet :rolleyes: ) but then it turns out you all want Brad Pitt or equivalent..... cause obviously it was a realistic notion that every woman's dream is an eccentric, bald, pot bellied, shy little academic that would love to dance but has never quite managed to learn.... lol

GOK said:
Ok if we're doing vintage...

still-1.jpg

Michael Rennie (was ill the day the earth stood still...!)

"...but he told us where we stand." [on our feet!] ;)

rubyredlocks said:
Oh no,shaved heads another weakness of mine!I'm not sure which I like better a full pompadour or nice bald look.Gotta have the right head shape,though!

Aha! now there's a start...

pretty faythe said:
the Tim Curry fanatica I am today with Rocky Horror.

You're far from alone on that score, I can tell you. I get told I look like him a lot - I've never really seen it much in myself (I guess there is something round the eyes and the cheekbones) in or out of the wig and slap, but I've had it often enough in either case that there must be something in it. (Getting mistaken for Richard O'Brien, as bizarrely happened one night last year, was a little less, eh, flattering lol ). But yeah, in full get up, the red corset especially, it's quite intimidating sometimes the attention I get from the ladies. Pity I'm pretty much invisible to them all out of it!! lol I guess a looky-likey is the closest most of them are ever gonig to get to the "real thing" as it were .

Kishtu said:
The sainted Alan R, oh yes!!!

You mean no one watched "Robin Prince of Thieves" - "You! My room! 10.30! And bring a friend!"

or "Truly Madly Deeply"... sniff.... sob....

My favourite was always "And cancel Christmas!"

I find a lot of women go nuts for the accent over here.... I'm just old enough to be greatly amused by this, as I remember all too well a time when it got me followed round shops in England. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic