Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LolitaHaze said:
LadyDay... I don't see Foreman as a token black character, but a supporting character (he could be any color) I do notice that they always try to slam his character with stereotypical black characteristics, that he always deflects. I do have to say that one of my favourite line exchanges was between House and Cameron when they were trying to figure out what was wrong with Foreman (what made him different), Cameron: He's black. House: What?! How long have you been sitting on this information!!?? Hahahaha

Oh Im not saying that as a refrence to the show. He is the only cast member of color, but that isnt his 'hook' so to speak. They have made him a fully realized member on the show out side of race, and the banter that House gives him (and he to House) plays off the fact that his race is irrelevant. You rarely see that in TV shows. Thats the fun of it all.

As far as him being in the back during the posse walk in the opening credits, unless in A-B-C order, you can generally tell an actor's clout in a show by where in line their name is in the credits (unless they do an 'and' thing, then thats a whole other ball of wax). He is 3rd. Not too shabby.
Okay, back on topic with handsome fellas :D

LD

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Oh... ok you just mean as in a black character period. Not as the "token black" for this show.

I agree the banter is great. I actually like that they do make racial comments to each other. I haven't seen that since the 70's... before everyone went PC. While we are all equal, I don't think we should ignore our differences, but imbrace them. If that means making light hearted racial comments, I am all for that.

Lady Day said:
Oh Im not saying that as a refrence to the show. He is the only cast member of color, but that isnt his 'hook' so to speak. They have made him a fully realized member on the show out side of race, and the banter that House gives him (and he to House) plays off the fact that his race is irrelevant. You rarely see that in TV shows. Thats the fun of it all.

As far as him being in the back during the posse walk in the opening credits, unless in A-B-C order, you can generally tell an actor's clout in a show by where in line their name is in the credits (unless they do an 'and' thing, then thats a whole other ball of wax). He is 3rd. Not too shabby.
Okay, back on topic with handsome fellas :D

LD

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not gay or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that) but how about Danny Kaye?

Is there anything the man couldn't do?

GOK

One Too Many
carebear said:
I'm not gay or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that) but how about Danny Kaye?

Is there anything the man couldn't do?

Danny Kaye was great - and Donald O'Connor too. Kaye was the better looking IMO.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Hugh...

LolitaHaze said:
Hahahaha I didn't even notice him doing that! I was too distracted by the devilishly handsome Hugh! But yeah... Make love to the camera! lol
I so agree with you about Hugh...I only watch the show because of him. His character is such a jerk but he plays it so well you can't help liking him. He's just smart and funny and those blue eyes and voice.

He had a bit part in Sense and Sensiblity, he made an impression on even then.

Dixon's Dame

Familiar Face
Oh boy, there should be a drool alert warning on this thread!!! What a bunch of great looking guys, both the Fedora Lounge gents and the celebs!

Mine are, of course, Dana Andrews. I simply can't think of anyone more handsome than he was:
da-fl.jpg

And William Holden:
wh-fd.jpg

and I don't think anyone's mentioned Richard Burton, but I used to watch anything he was in, just to see him and hear his voice:
rb.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Carebear... Danny Kaye has always been a guy that I liked. Nothing too striking about him to have me falling head over heels, but I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers either.

ClassyDame... He is the lovable scruff and even though I love Greg House I was happy with the way the Cop was putting him in his place when he arrested him off his bike. :) I am way too much into that show. LOL

Absinthe 1900... Hahahaa Let those two find about him. While they are busy fighting each other, I'll be more than happy to distract him. ;)

Liz

It's nice to see so many other people like House. It's one of very few TV show I always make sure to watch. Since no-one's mentioned him yet, I figured that it's up to me to post a photo of my favorite doctor on the show (looks-wise, at least).

bio_jesse_lge.jpg

My sister and I -- who never like the same things -- both think he's gorgeous. He's not my usual "type" though. Typically, I prefer guys who look more like this:

dionguitar.jpg

Swoonsville!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Boo the pretty boy! Yay The scruffy old man! Hahahaha I am teasing. While I admit, Jesse is a looker... He is just to pretty for me. Which is weird, because I like femmy boys. Huh...[huh]

Liz said:
It's nice to see so many other people like House. It's one of very few TV show I always make sure to watch. Since no-one's mentioned him yet, I figured that it's up to me to post a photo of my favorite doctor on the show (looks-wise, at least).

bio_jesse_lge.jpg

Liz

LolitaHaze said:
Boo the pretty boy! Yay The scruffy old man! Hahahaha I am teasing. While I admit, Jesse is a looker... He is just to pretty for me. Which is weird, because I like femmy boys. Huh...[huh]

To be honest, I'm still kind of surprised I think he's cute. Blond pretty boys usually aren't my type. Maybe it's the accent?

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Oh, I have too many to list all at once really, aha. But there is one in particular, that has an uncanny abilitiy to pervade my thoughts nearly everyday, a one Tyrone Power:
power.jpg

It's really unfair to put so much perfection in one human, I think. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24