Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hankies not be sneezed at

Randy

Familiar Face
I have mostly linen handkerchiefs, but a few cotton as well (probably about 20 in total) - I carry two at all times, one for my own use and a clean one for my wife in case she might need it. I've never heard any negative comments about them, but I don't often pay close attention to the reactions of others when I'm in public (their reaction isn't going to change anything anyway ;) As far a germs go, I'm not Howard Hughes and anything that I have at the start of the day isn't going to cause me any illness before the next day when I pull out a fresh one so I don't think twice about it...

- Randy

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
I got into the use of carrying a bandana/kerchief when I was using nasal snuff (Poschl not copenhagen or other such nasty "dips"). Now I don't wear a pair of pants without one in the pocket. I have endured the ridicule over the years from using one (being called "toxic pocket" as a nickname *sigh*) but I'd rather use a cotton hankie then watch a cheap Kleenex tissue disintegrate when I blow my nose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo