Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Birthday Mr Allingham!

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Thanks for pointing this out Smithy...

... and in support of your thread and most of all the remarkable Mr. Allingham, a few photos.

God Save the Queen - and Henry Allingham! Happy Birthday Henry!

Henry_Allingham_in_1916.jpg

Henry Allingham in 1916, in Royal Naval Air Service uniform. The RNAS and the Royal Flying Corps merged later to become the Royal Air Force.

henry1.jpg

Henry Allingham in 2006.

SE5as1.jpg

SE5as2.jpg

SE5a's

SopwithPup.jpg

Sopwith Pup

SopwithTriplane.jpg

Sopwith Triplane

Huns1.jpg

The Dastardly Hun!

DogFight.jpg

Biggles sees off the Hun!

H.Johnson

One Too Many
World's Oldest Man

Mr. Henry Allingham is now officially the oldest male in the world, following the sad demise of the Japanese gentleman who previously held that distinction.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
H.Johnson said:
Mr. Henry Allingham is now officially the oldest male in the world, following the sad demise of the Japanese gentleman who previously held that distinction.

Good to hear he's still going strong.

Edward

Bartender
Never ceases to amaze me when I see those photos of guys up in the air in those old biplanes, which were often little more than canvas and wood with a machine gun on the front - and, more to the point, up against another guy with a similar setup, and that was all you had between you and his machine gun!

Sad to hear of this old boy's passing; hopefully his words on the lessons he learned about 'war and the pity of war' won't be lost on future generations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart