Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Drunk/Mean Drunk

Are you a happy drunk or mean drunk

• Happy drunk - I love the world when I'm tight

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Mean drunk - Don't cross my path

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Randal

Familiar Face
I was a happy silly drunk most of the time back when I drank. As it turns out, I was on the verge of a drinking problem. I quit drinking Jan 1, 2006.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
Happy to no longer be a heavy drinker. Rather too many mornings awakening in ... ??? :eek: :eusa_doh:
20+ years on. I guess I'm cured.
;) :)

Stoney

Practically Family
I too used to be happy when I drank,

That is until the morning after.....I never really enjoyed the hangovers much.
I don't miss them now that I no longer drink alcohol. Oh the good old days when I used to "think" I could really dance. lol lol

TheLimey

Familiar Face
I'm deffinately a happy drunk.
I do have various degrees of drunk:
1. The quiet listner
2. Prof.Beer (Long rambling rants which at the time I feel are very clerver)
3. Overly affectionate (love everybody....)
4.Snoozy
5. Sleepy
6.Hung over and swearing that booze shall never again cross my lips.

Frykitty

Familiar Face
I have to admit to being a mean drunk when I'm at a bar. I think that most bar atmospheres bring out the worst in me. Nowadays I don't go out drinking much, too many apologies to make the next day. That doesn't stop me at home though, after a few at home I'm a happy, humorous drunk. It's all about being somewhere enjoyable.

JJWord

Familiar Face
Happy, drooling drunk. Toward the end, while I'm drinking water in the attempt to stave off the hangover, I apparently start just speaking with mouthfuls of water. Also I apparently start using the f-word as a comma.

Not too bad in a bar, completely different in my in-laws kitchen....man that was a fun night.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
happy hiccupy drunk!

I think the last time I actually drank enough to have my eldest brother baby-sitting me (from affar... I get a little too flirty so he was keeping an eye on the man that insisted on footing the tab for my rum and cokes) was November, I had the hiccups (as I always do when I dance with the Captain), was wearing besame red hot red lipstick (girls, if you've worn it, you know you can't touch it once applied OR ELSE lol)... anyhoo, after trying the usual tricks to get rid of the hiccups didn't seem to be working, I excused myself to the ladies room where I was taken over by a group of drunken females on a mission to save me... then introduced to a new remedy.

cup of water with a napkin over it. drink the cup of water through the napkin, fast enough that the napkin doesn't break, yet slow enough that you don't get water trickling down your face. how easy a feat when you've got quarter handle of liqour in ya!

needless to say hiccups went away, I had a good many laughs, and my lipstick still looked d*mn good ;)

I'm the I love you guy. I'm singing and joking around and hugging people and telling them I love them. But, one little thing don't go rite, and I get the beer tears. I did one time over a friend taking away my Oreos. :(

JennyLou

Practically Family
Happy

I am a happy drunk and I must admit that I love to drink a lot. Drinking is on top of my favorite things to do list. But I hate beer. I usually stick to shots and mixed drinks.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Randal said:
I was a happy silly drunk most of the time back when I drank. As it turns out, I was on the verge of a drinking problem. I quit drinking Jan 1, 2006.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
oh, I was there before too but I'm better now and just drink occaisionally. Congrats on quitting successfully.

rue

I don't get drunk very often, but when I do I'm a happy drunk.

Drinking makes me more outgoing. Not that you can probably tell on here, but in real life I'm actually kind of shy and won't say much and alcohol gives me courage to be myself.

My only issue is that if I'm someplace where music is playing, especially 80s music, I will dance.... and I cannot dance. So all my friends know that when I hit the dance floor it's time to take me home :eek:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I fall into the happy drunk catagory although these days I just get a little tipsy as the hangovers became intolerable once I hit my mid-thirties - you know the type - feeling ok-ish when you initially wake up and then you get the sneaky late hangover that creeps in around 2.00pm and you are written off for the rest of the day.

At worst these days I will just feel a little tired after a few tipples the night before - all very manageable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner