Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy EARTH DAY!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
MPicciotto said:
I have noticed a European toilet design with two flush valves. One does a "half-flush" and one a full flush. I first came across these in a business hotel in Ivanovo, Russia. I have since seen a similar toilet for sale at Sam's Club.

Matt

There you go- the Russians are ahead of the game- again.

B
T

MPicciotto

Practically Family
tuppence said:
Most of the toilets here have dual flush. I'm a bit amazed that it's a novelty in America.

As am I! I do not understand why in the United States several years ago it became mandatory that toilets sold in the US had to meet lower water use per flush standards instead of going with a two flush system?

Matt

tuppence

Practically Family
Well it's a bit weird we're having a discussion about toilets, but I think America chose the better option, as I don't think many people choose the half flush option. It really doesn't do much.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I've read that only a tiny portion of a household's water goes down the toilet. Most of it goes on the lawn. Yet in the Denver area--where the temperature reaches the 90s and 100s all summer, and it's a semi-arid climate--there are communities that forbid xeriscaping. :eusa_doh:

Lily Powers

Practically Family
As a little girl, my dad taught me to recycle and be gentle with the resources available. Back then, he was called "cheap" by others. :mad: If he was here today, he'd be Mr. Environmental and everyone would think he was clever and smart. I ride a bicycle to work (15-mile round trip) and for errands at work and on weekends; I give old towels and blankets to the local veterinarians, use more "eco friendly" cleaning products and re-use paper and plastic bags.
My weakness: long showers. The hot water just feels so good. :eek:

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Herr Hitman said:
Not a bad place to live, this Earth joint.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I haven't found a better place yet! (well I have but that's a religious discussion)

It's good to recycle (returning your bottles and cans)
It's good to reduce (take care of your clothing so that it last and live in a smaller vintage home)
It's good to re-use (all that vintage clothing that somebody already bought once)

Seems to me a lot of loungers are ahead of the curve on this stuff!

Matt

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy