Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy New Year

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We started our New Year off tragically, our beloved Golden somehow got out of the house when neighbors set off some very big firecrackers. The front door apparently was not shut (my fault of my 11 yr old..we don't know). We spent by car, walking, and bicycle with flashlight combing a one mile square area, bike path, school, ball field, canal trail, streets....all in one of the heaviest Pacific Storms to hit our area. Our dog just turned 13, so there was major concern. Needless to say, the creek is where she most likely went..but we couldn't find her. My wife was in tears. I gave up the search at 03:30 AM

This morning, my wife began looking before sun up, and came up empty handed. I got up at 08:00 and put about 30 miles on my truck .....in blowing stormy rain with falling tree branches....again no luck.

We called the pound (no one there), Sheriff's Dispatch (they couldn't care about a dog with this storm) and the Vet's answering service.
I feared that our little Henna was road kill or drown in the creek which are now at flood stage. I had to change my wet clothes three times...I got soaked.

What a terrible New Year. I said a prayer...as we love that dog, and my wife runs miles every day with her.

*** At about 12 noon, the phone rang. Henna was found only 1/2 mile from home, in some good souls' back yard. We rushed over, and found her muddy, wet and shivering, but OK.

Thank God! She got a hot bath, and some warm food, and is now sleeping on her favorite chair.

So now I can have a Great NEw Year, and another story to tell!

fa1c7cda.jpg.orig.jpg

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
You and your miracles... Seems every holiday you get another one. I'm gonna have to spend the holidays at your place sometime. Well It's good to hear that your dog's safe, 'cause dogs are an important part of the world. I know this post doesn't make that much sense, but, well, here it is :)

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Happy Endings

AS a fellow who does Animal rescue, I am very glad to hear she was found safe and sound. Does your area do Microchipping by Chance? I have House cats but have them all chipped anyway, just in case :cool: Anyhoot, glad she made it back safe and sound. God Bless.
Dusty Rhodes :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass