Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Potter

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
Harry Potter hasn't come out as of the time of this post, so I thought I would boldly make a lot of brash statements based on no info whatever. :)

Anyhow, rumor has it that somebody gets killed - I'm sure it's not Ron.

There's going to be an apparent good guy who turns out to be a bad guy. There's also going to be an apparent bad guy who turns out to be a good guy.

My secret thesis from the last book: there was then a lot of talk about Harry's emotional behavior. This was deemed to be adolescent angst. However, during the last book, there was a mention of a potion that makes people highly emotional. My conclusion: Harry is being poisoned. (That's really sticking my neck out :) )

Zach R.

Practically Family
I haven't been following any spoilers, but I have re-read GOF and OOTP in the last few days so my Potter-sense will be refreshed.

I'm with you, I don't want to see Ron killed, especially since he became what he always wanted to be in OOTP(a part of the house Quiddich team) and finally felt confidence in himself and pulled himself out of Harry and his brothers' shadows(although that might be the point, to make it more painful).

I thought about picking my copy up at one of the midnight flings, but then I remembered that the nearest bookstore that is holding one is 40 minutes away and is sure to be packed with 11 year olds. :p

D

Deleted member 259

got the new book at midnight - I won't spoil it!

ClintonHammond

Suspended
My experience has been that anything this hyped before it's release is usualy a big, tightly coiled, streaming pile of poo... I'll get it eventually for my wife, but I have been pretty unimpressed with the HP series for the last couple of books at least...

I think JKRs head has got too big for her body, and her mouth has got too big for her face.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I read it in 8 hours, over 2 sittings on saturday. I enjoyed it, especially the development of Harry's character. What I can't stand now is the fact I have to wait another 2 years for the last book to come out... sheer insanity.

gdkenoyer

Familiar Face
IndianaGuybrush said:
What I can't stand now is the fact I have to wait another 2 years for the last book to come out...

So either they'll change the name of the series or Harry pulls thru...ya let that one out of the bag. :)

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I started reading them because of the kids at school. I read the first one in a few hours...they then got longer and longer. My favorite switches all of the time. At the moment, I don't like the new book. I'll have to let it sink in a bit.

I'm sure I'll hear many complaints from parents due to the language and the hormones, but the "kids" in the book are nearly 17 now and many of the youngsters at school won't get the implications.

Harry Potter Reader, 34 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy